Friday, February 06, 2009

This that and the other

This was in the newspaper yesterday. One of the things I love about being up her (I mean here) is that the prudishness of US media is absent. Here they are showing the new Obama vibrator that is being sold on headostate.com. That site is pretty funny too with the slogan "I want a big O." I wonder if he's honored by this er, um honor.

The last few days have been butt cold and when it gets like that, your lips get all chapped because the air is so dry. (Cold air can't hold moisture.) So just as I was leaving yesterday I went and grabbed a chapstick from the chapstick drawer in the bathroom where there's a dozen or so various types. Laverne is responsible for the bulk of these as she often includes a tube or two with gifts. Anyway, I liked this one when I put it on because it smelled of cherry. Later though when I dabbed my napkin to my lips, there were "kiss marks" on the napkin in red. What?! I looked closely at the tube. Is says nothing about being lipstick, only lip balm. It does however say "Disney Princess". I won't be wearing that any longer.

I'm so tired of getting this type of screen when I am turned on to a video link to something. I think they should change the word "copyrights" to "lawyers". The more I see things like this, the more I'm inclined to just steal it. (Which means I ask spouse to get it for me, since I never learned the whole bit torrent thing.) They do know everything's available for stealing, don't they?

21 comments:

Birdie said...

I want a picture of you as a Disney princess.

Mel said...

If they're offering it for free, how can it be stealing?

And I'm with Birdie. I want a Disney princess photo!

"Just David!" said...

My mission today will be to find some of that lip balm, I could use the color, I may even smear it on my cheeks, the lower ones.

Roxrocks said...

I love that she sent you Disney Princess lip balm and you didn't even notice! You know that she's probably booby trapped a few more of them, I'd do a thorough chapstick drawer check!

Did you know that 50 Cent did a cast of his penis and they made a dildo out of it? I think I saw that on the Hour.

GayProf said...

RuPaul's Drag Race might be my new favorite show.

My mother almost always includes a tube of chapstick with in my Christmas stocking. Not sure what that is about, but my lips are soft and supple.

The Neighbors Will Hear said...

If you were a Disney princess, which Disney princess would you be?

Zach said...

if it makes you feel any better, i get a similar message when i try to watch project runway canada online. sigh.

Enemy of the Republic said...

50 cent made a cast of his penis? Now I can die because I truly have heard it all.

I am glad for blogs like yours as I would never know about the Obama vibrator. Instead, I just hear the wrangling of bipartisan politics. And behind all that media prudishness lies so much hypocrisy. Did you know that Spitzer, the governer caught with his pants down (which one?) is now writing for Slate? Why can't I get caught with a prostitute? It might improve my job prospects.

travelling, but not in love said...

I'd actually like a disney princess dildo and an Obama lip balm. Can you taste the prez? Yes, I can!

kevin said...

Oh no! Does this mean you didn't get to watch the movie clip I had on my tard blorg the other day? I was certain you'd enjoy it.

Mark in DE said...

Wishing you and your Disney Princess lips a great weekend!

Doug said...

The question is: is the dreamy cherry flavor worth the red tint? And who doesn't like full, juicy lips on a man? ;)

The whole online copyright thing pisses me off, too. I honestly believe lawyers could end our society as we know it.

evilganome said...

I tend to think the internet restrictions are a small price to pay for living in Canada, though it would probably tick me off no end as well.

I was also wondering about the combo of chap stick and the vibrator. Coincidence? I think not.

Breenlantern said...

we have it saved on our DVR. You and the spouse can come here and watch it if you want :-)

anabel said...

You win some and you lose some - no videos but an Obama vibrator right in print.

Greg said...

It's just ridiculous that your LOGO content is blocked.

Gee, and here we thought it was just the cold weather making your lips blush like that.

Rick said...

I say keep the lipstick - a little color is becoming in the winter.

Java said...

I imagine that you look even sexier with an ever-so-slight pink tint to your lips.

Vibrator adds in print publications = good.
Obama vibrator adds in print publications = disturbing.

Luuworld said...

haha, the disney princess chap stick made me laugh :-D

Anonymous said...

It's just like with music from the UK, Europe and everywhere else that is not the U.S. Even if you want to buy say the latest Girls Aloud or Sugababes you can't be cause someone hasn't sold the rights for them to sell in the US. All you hear is how little money the record companies make and they basically won't even let you spend money with them on the off chance they might release the album in the US.

Lyvvie said...

"Is that glitter on your lips?"

"Mmmm, cherry flavoured, want a taste?"