Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Updatish

I'm out of here early this morning to work my one class this week. Total salary for the week - seventy dollars. Next week though. Next week is looking more like it with 6 more classes due to start. (See, now you can always know my salary, just multiply the classes.) Last session, I took on 12, but that was too much. I'm shooting for 9 or 10 this time.

Oh yeah, we successfully rented the unit yesterday. The person we selected (all three had decent credit, so we called the first to have applied) declined our offer of the apartment which was mildly irritating, since we had spent 12 bucks to run each credit check. So person number two snatched it up and came over to sign the lease. Last time it took us 2 months to rent that apartment out, this time it took two days. I don't get it, but no complaints.

It's buttfucking cold here. I'm going a bit stir crazy and am actually happy for the excuse to leave the house this morning. Supposed to snow all day which I will try to find festive.(Though it's starting to feel as hard as finding mold festive.) In somewhat related news, my butt is hurting from sitting. In the house, I'm pretty much sitting or walking. Actually it's long periods of sitting punctuated by walking. I've been inside for 12 days now. I have always loathed the idea of a desk job and here I am spending almost all my free time at my desk. I think that's irony. I always forget exactly what irony is, because it's so easy to confuse with coincidence and bad luck, but I think I've got it there. (And if I don't, you'll tell me. I'm not looking it up again.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the feeling of getting up and started early after a holiday/ vacation/ break. But, it does seem to be a necessary evil to the adult life we all revel in these days, wish I had taken more time to revel in my youth way back when too!

Now for irony, you have some in this post but not exactly where you think. The true irony is that you have buttfucking cold and then *POP* your butt is sore! Well, ironic or not, it's hilarious!

Congratulations on renting the house out! I admire anyone willing to take on the rental market.

Hope you have a wonderful week, sore butts and all.

-C

Snooze said...

I love winter but there does come a point where it's too cold to do anything.

Anonymous said...

Isn't irony when something has a high ferrous content? - as in, doesn't the water from that well seem irony? :) (Ya gotta be from north central PA to appreciate that, I think.)

Congrats on the quick leasing!

Patricia said...

it's so funny... we spend time at work and dream of being at home. and then given too much time at home, we are eager to get back to work. always the struggle to find the right balance. i vote 3 days on, 4 days off but i've yet to find a way to make this happen.

Anonymous said...

I think it was Will Rogers who said, "If every day was a vacation to work would be a joy". It is very Ironical that you despise a desk job at work yet spend all of your time behind a desk at home.
It is snowing lightly here too. Oh, to live in the deep south. I think I could get used to the Accent y'all. Ed

Rox said...

Buttfucking cold eh? Welcome to Canada folks, it's Buttfucking cold here!

Would make a lovely slogan, I do believe!

Here, I'll send some hot air your way...>~~~~~~~~>>>>

Cooper said...

I think that IS my small city slogan ... or near enough.

I couldn't do a desk job. Maybe you could spend a day cooking interesting casseroles to freeze like a good 50's housewife. Not that I ever do that. :)

GayProf said...

Yea to successful renting. Boo to bitter cold and snow. I am looking out my window knowing that I will soon have to shovel. Sigh

dantallion said...

For whatever reason, "buttfucking cold" makes me chuckle helplessly.

Doug said...

Congrats on renting the unit so fast. That's gotta be a load off your minds.

Um, no comment on the sore butt.

A Lewis said...

Well, if Doug won't comment, I will. "Buttfucking cold"....so, that's pretty cold, eh?

Anonymous said...

I think irony is when one's actions produce the opposite effect of their intent; for example, how all those "Buck Fush" bumper stickers made Bush a two-termer.

Mark in DE said...

This post reminds me of the gay comedienne Sabrina Matthews' routine where she notes that Allanis Morrisette's song "Isn't it ironic?" is not at all about irony. Its about unfortunate occurences. Look for clips at www.logoonline.com.

Mark :-)

Tony Adams said...

snow? What does it look like?