1. I am turning 40 this year. I don't think it's important, but then again, it's number one.
2. I believe life is like a storybook with all the chapter titles done, but it's up to us to supply the plot.
3. I have a large affinity for dogs. Cats bore me.
4. Pretty much anything in moderation is ok by me.
5. I am moderately lazy.
6. I have three keys on my key ring: front door, back door and bike lock. I wish I had no keys.
7. At 35, I sold all of my posessions and moved from Los Angeles to Montreal. I regret selling my CDs.
8. Suburbia gives me the creeps.
9. I could live on avocados alone.
10. I wipe downward. Apparently this is unusual.
11. I have few friends, but they are of long duration.
12. Messiness feels cozy to me. Neatness makes me nervous. My house is usually messy.
13. My drugs of choice are caffeine, nicotine and pot. Not necessarily in that order.
14. I experience few benefits from drinking alcohol. But I do enjoy the taste of red wine.
15. I am a cloud watcher.
16. I am in love with any type of severe weather. One day I will go tornado chasing.
17. People are intimidated by me, and me by them. This is a problem.
18. I can count on one hand the number of times I have cleaned the bathroom in my life.
19. I've lived alone, once for 10 months. I didn't like it, but then again, I didn't have a dog either.
20. I don't adhere to any religion.
21. I do believe in thought energy. What you are reading is a result of it, even though science can't prove that.
22. I do not own a car. This pleases me endlessly.
23. I loathe shopping for clothes.
24. Whenever someone sneezes in the metro, I imagine the cloud of germs rapidly circulating in the car. This is a bad habit.
25. I am shy.
26. I enjoy puttering around the house. This contributes sizably to # 12.
27. I dress poorly. (See # 23 above and #48 below)
28. I make lists constantly. They are comforting. I usually forget where I put them and this is annoying in the market.
29. Latin flavored jazz is my favorite music. Wind is my favorite sound.
30. Though I'm gay, anal sex doesn't interest me. This is not as unusual as you might think.
31. I eat a sesame bagel with cream cheese every morning.
30. Though I think fear is useless, I fear the doctor.
31. I was an only child, then after a divorce and a marriage, I had two stepbrothers. I see them at Christmas time.
32. Yardwork is more appealing than housework.
33. Travel is my favorite activity, I would go nearly anywhere.
34. I am an ESL teacher. I also practice the craft of food service. Sometimes, I write.
35. If I had unlimited time and funds, I would be traveling the world in search of knowing other cultures and taking pictures of storms.
36. When life gives me lemons, I pretend that there are no lemons.
37. I can viciously hate you while smiling. (Ritz Carlton practice)
38. I buy based on need, not want.
39. I recycle, but I don't believe it all really gets recycled.
40. I don't like umbrellas.
41. The more I know, the less I'm sure of it.
42. Sometimes playing is more important than eating.
43. I enjoy sitting in the same seat: on the bus, in the metro, at the cafe.
44. I speak two languages.
45. I play the piano. (I'm not very good, but I know the chords)
46. I love ice cream. I don't digest ice cream well and this is a long standing conflict in my life. I don't anticipate any kind of satisfactory resolution.
47. I am married to Serge and we have a dog, Sara, and some plants.
48. I'm attracted to anything priced at under a dollar.
49. I have never had an out of body experience, but I have tried.
50. I had a cell phone once, but I will never have one again and you can't make me.
51. One of the key senses to cultivate is wonder.
52. When I owned a car, I paid for gas and then left without putting it into my car. Twice.
53. I used to daydream so profoundly that I would miss my off-ramp, now I miss my stop.
54. My belly button is both an innie, and an outie.
55. I can wiggle my ears.
56. I make myself laugh by making faces in the mirror. Alone. I know, scary.
57. I sometimes dream that I am talking to God. I can never remember what is said.
58. When someone falls down, I don't think it's funny. But sometimes I laugh anyway. This perplexes me and others.
59. Being in the library is like being in the womb of knowledge.
60. I adore maps, any kind of map. I don't know why.
61. I think open mindedness and intelligence are intrinsically linked.
62. I enjoy bringing up taboo topics. This might be classified as sadistic, I know.
63. My goal is to love everyone and everything (including the *bad* things) even if it takes a thousand years.
64. If I were a cloud, I would be mammatus.
65. I have exercised regularly for 16 years. It has never gotten easier nor more enjoyable.
66. I drink my coffee black, and I put ketchup on scrambled eggs.
67. Runny yolks are vile.
68. I've never been in a submarine.
69. Spelunking is both a cool sport and word.
70. I look at eyes and hands. I never look at shoes.
71. Sometimes I think this is a life of slavery, albeit with perks.
72. Witnessing birth is one of the most magical sights one can be privy to.
73. Winter gives you permission to stay home. I like winter.
74. If I had to kill the animals myself, I would be a vegetarian.
75. I feel guilty when I hack off branches of things in the name of "trimming".
76. All the wild places I played when I was a kid have been covered with housing. They exist only in my mind now.
77. Aren't pelicans the most fascinating creatures? Two words: beak bag
78. I can't sing, but I do it anyway.
79. I have no tatoos. I view tatoos as badges of insecurity.
80. I have sat on a jury, twice.
81. Beauty is worthy of tears.
82. Learning French was the hardest thing I've ever done.
83. I think people should work for 5 years before going to University. I think it is unrealistic to plan one's future at 18.
84. When I was young, there were ashtrays at the end of the aisles in the market.
85. Sometimes I rent movies that look interesting on the back jacket, then it turns out I've already seen them.
86. I tend to forget negative experiences; I end up renting lots of bad movies, twice.
87. Having photos gives me pleasure, taking pictures - not so much.
88. Scrabble is the perfect game. I hate anything to do with football.
89. Clean fingernails are important to me.
90. I am so grateful to have someone who can tolerate living with me.
91. I enjoy dancing alone in the house.
92. Hope is really just fear said another way.
93. I am 6'3" and I weigh 175 pounds.
94. I'm ok with Rick, Richard and Ricky. Being called Rich or Richy bugs me.
95. I think there is a relationship between stinginess and wealthiness.
96. When I die, I would like my body burned and sprinkled into the clouds from a plane.
97. I live in a hundred year old building.
98. In the summer, I don't wear underwear.
99. Lightning makes me giddy.
100. I am bad at keeping secrets. Very, very bad.