Saturday, January 02, 2010

Oh and happy new year too

We've had company the past few days, hence my absence around here. Our house isn't all that conducive to having overnight guests (one bathroom, one bed) but we've made do fine. Serge sleeps on the couch like he does half the time anyway, and I'm camped out on the patio lounge cushion on the floor of the office. Georgie has chosen to sleep with the guests the little traitor.

The picture is from our New Year's Eve pub crawl, and we look all fresh because it was the first pub. Later on vomiting occurred though not by yours truly, come on, if there's one thing we're not, it's amateurs. Well at least not in the drinking department. I think it was the common mistake of not taking into account that the beer here is about 50% stronger (ie more alcohol) than in the US. I think it was the first time I made it to midnight awake in a decade.

Yesterday we all went to see Avatar again and even the second time around it was really fun to watch. Then I made a turkey dinner from that Butterball cook from frozen, pre stuffed bird they are peddling. Awesome, I will be a customer for life with that method.

Well the guests are waking up, so I've got to go entertain. They may or may not be leaving today due to the impending snowstorm. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

15 comments:

Mel said...

Georgie clearly knows which bed is the comfiest.

Hope you guys have a great 2010. With any luck maybe we'll make it back up to Montréal sometime this summer.

Snooze said...

Happy New Year and what awesome hosts to give your guests the bed. Pub crawl sounds like it was a blast. I used to do those, but now would likely only last two stops.

Birdie said...

Wait, who are your handsome guests? I'm such a lightweight that I have to stop after two drinks or I'm out like a light.

May you and Serge and Georgie have a wonderful upcoming year. You're the best, and your year should be too.

Larry Ohio said...

Happy New Year :-)

Java said...

Have a great time with your handsome guests. Y'all have a Happy New Year!

CoffeeDog said...

We actually stayed up til 230 this NY. Happy New Year Torn!

Rox said...

Happy New Year!

I cured Derwood of sleeping on the sofa by buying loveseats instead. Kind of sucks for me though when he's snoring and I need a quiet place to sleep. I mean, I can pull it off, but who wants to sleep on a loveseat?!

I giggled that your guests barfed. I had no idea our beer was stronger!

GayProf said...

Enjoy your guests!

anne marie in philly said...

bonne annee torn et serge et georgie!

PS - word is "cable", something I never watch!

Anonymous, too said...

Georgie wasn't being a traitor -- he just decided to sleep in his bed, like he always does. Besides, he was making sure the houseguests were nice and warm.

Living in a 1-bedroom, 1-bath myself, I urge you to look into getting one of those inflatable beds. They're more comfortable than patio cushions, easy to stow in a closet when not needed, and a bit more affordable than a good sofa-sleeper.

And on that note, a happy new year to all at Chez Sticky Crows!

Rebekah said...

Looks like a fun start to the New Year!

Rick Bettencourt said...

Did you get much snow? We made out okay (so far).

Avatar...definitely want to see!

LSL said...

Happy new year! Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu. Smart to take a pic at the beginning of the evening :)

Mark in DE said...

Great photo!! Sounds like you guys had a great NYE celebration, awake for a change. ;-)

Lemuel said...

I'm happy to hear that you survived your pub crawl "with only minor injuries". As for Georgie, he needs to learn what side his milk bones are buttered on. :)