Monday, April 12, 2010

12 of 12

My two boys. Serge loves to sleep on the couch (and I'm definitely not opposed, the whole be to myself! This is what a long term relationship looks like) and Georgie digs that spot as well.

All I see is the new paunch and the detritus littering the mirror.
I don't know why I do this to myself. Baby brother says I have body dismorphic syndrome or something like that. All I know is that I'm fatter than I've ever been in my life even though others may consider that skinny. I hate this machine. Incidentally, it read 189.2.
After my shower, I kissed the honey goodbye. He was already up and at em (although unshowered since he slept in his clothes.)



Morning class in the burbs. It was a beautiful sunny day. Why do we only get snow days and not beautiful sunny days that cause a mandatory day off of work?



Look what Serge got! A lovely gift from the step mom. Everyone has been so generous in our lives this year. We feel guilty about it even though I KNOW guilt is useless.




The ham, the ham. See over Easter time they had a special on the brown sugar spiral sliced hams at the market. (Kinda like honey-baked hams) We've had like 10 meals out of it already but it never ends. We are giving it away to everyone we can. I don't think I'll eat ham again until the holidays.



Off to the downtown area for afternoon classes. I do so love our city.



Then off to the school center so I can submit some paperwork and make some photocopies.




The most heinous part of my job is dealing with this machine. I caress, I speak in soft doting tones, but still she smites me. She's evil I tell you, evil.


Then I came home and ran into the upstairs tenant who is vacating his apartment in a couple months. I went up to take pics. He has a much better view than we do from his apartment. Still we have a much bigger and better patio.


The day is done. Time for a drink. Current fave, vanilla vodka and tonic. I prefer the stoli or absolut but all that's available up here is the smirnoff version. I toyed with the idea of joining VUBOQ on his month of sobriety but since I only found out about it this morning, and the bottles of booze on the counter called out to me, I crumbled. I'll go ahead and have an extra one for him.
To see other people's versions of this day, go see Chad.

18 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

hmmmmm, vanilla and tonic, eh...might have to try that!

and yes, you DO have a beautiful city!

Mel said...

Since we now weigh the same and you are taller than I am (and I've still got 19# to get my weight back down to where I want it), I believe I am now officially entitled to tell you to quit your crying. The only way that works for me is to record everything I eat. Religiously. It keeps me disciplined and keeps me from overeating, and it works really well.

David and I usually sleep in different beds. With our various sleep issues and different sleep schedules, it lets us each have a better shot at getting a decent rest.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Georgie is SOOOO CUTE in that first pictura! I LOVE jamon! Delicioso! And I too have major issuez con the copier in my office. Come to think of it, EVERYONE does. You breathe on the damn thing and it flashes its red JAMMED light and you're all like "I didn't even press START!"

Maurice said...

We really do live in a beautiful city, especially during a wonderful spring like we're having.

Don't get me going on this matter of weight. It's a bit of a sore point here, too. :)

Snooze said...

Great photos and that pic of Georgie and Serge is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I've maintained the same weight for about 12 years now. Of course it's higher than suggested but screw it.

I had to laugh at your photo of the copy machine and your comments regarding it.

Myself, I have a gift for printers and copy machine. All I have to do is look at them with a cross expression and they perform flawlessly.

Anoymous, too said...

With much respect for all involved (except the copier), I suggest the following:

1. Reminding the copier that it is little more than a glorified toaster, and it can be replaced;

2. Developing a plan for you and Serge to alternate sleeping on the couch with sleeping in the bedroom. If this is not possible, the reasons why should be addressed, even if separate bedrooms may be the answer;

3. Teaching Georgie how to open that window over the couch, in case of "fart fests" (including his own!); and

4. Finding something extra-super-mega-special as a gift for your step-MIL, if only for her giving Serge that car! I can just see the three of you (Serge, Torn, and Georgie) riding around town this summer with the top down!

P.S.: Ditch the bathrobe (and any other clothing) the next time you want to bitch about your weight! Until then, as the late Ann Landers would put it, kwitcher bitchin!

Lemuel said...

Our princess has her "throne" as well. Such creatures of habit.
Paunch? I'll trade you! :)
Ham? A few years ago my younger son was given a whole ham by the company he worked for. We ate it and ate it. To this day he does not like to eat ham. Flash forward to this past Easter. The older son was given a whole ham by his union and brought it along for us to eat at Easter. "Groundhog Day" (the movie). We finally finished the last of it via ham loaf.
Finally, yes, those machines are evil! They are alien life forms dedicated to destruction of life as we know it.

CoffeeDog said...

Copiers immediately stop working the minute I walk up.

Blobby said...

I cannot believe Georgie is relegated to the arm of the sofa. Oh, the indignities!

Rox said...

I'm also the fattest I've ever been in my life INCLUDING pregnancy. Yeah. I'm not going to stop drinking Smirnoffs either. LOL!

Patricia said...

The step mom gave Serge a woman? That's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic. Then I took another sip of coffee.

I love me some Georgie pics. However, I could NOT sleep with all that light shining in. I prefer it much more tomb-like.

Copiers are tricky things and it's a fine line between sweet talking the things and mean mouthing them. I still haven't found the balance.

Nick UK said...

Ooh yummy Vanilla Vodka, I make my own when vodka is on special, split a vanilla bean drop in vodka bottle, leave on unit in kitchen for a couple of weeks to infuse then relocate to freezer and serve as required.
Are you going to run both cars?
Looks like the ham has a few meals of soup left in it yet, also yummy.
I have to say your toes look pretty skinny still. LOL.

GayProf said...

Serge's stepmom gave him a woman?

I gained a ton of weight over the holidays that I have not been able to drop. Okay, by ton, I mean 8 ilbs. Still, it really bothers me.

Greg said...

Seriously. One day I'll do this 12 on 12 post. But by then, you'll have set the bar so high. This was the best post. Thanks, truly, for taking us along on your day.

[You bastard, I'd be leaping and dancing to weigh that. But biking season's upon us and should help.]

That exact copier/printer is in my new office, but I don't use it (I'm hooked up to one across the suite, for the exercise); that evil machine makes torments even the sweetest co-workers to the F word.

Terry said...

LOL @ Patricia! I had the same thought! "Serge was given an Oriental woman?" and *my* excuse is that it's been a reaaalllly long day.

Anonymous said...

You need to lose at least a stone; you'll look and feel much better.

Birdie said...

Forget Anonymous above, who doesn't have the balls to post his name 'cause he knows he'd get flamed off the Interwebs. You look amazing. I swear by my good name.

Speaking of good names: have you given the copier a moniker? Jake at NoFo put his copier's name in the system, so now everyone calls her Princess Sparklepony. That might help.