* And just how would you caption that?
* That Vermont shirt he is wearing in the photo I got for one dollar! At the sidewalk sale there was a bin where everything was a dollar and you know those kinds of things are like the flame to my inner moth so I ruffled through it and realized nothing was in my size. There was plenty in Serge's size though. Turns out he loves that shirt and wishes I had bought more. I'll make a spendthrift out of him yet.
* The mother-in-law's surgery went flawlessly and the good news is that the cancer is stage one (for the moment, have to wait for the tumor analysis) and they think they got it all out and she's recovering nicely. Did you know that it costs $12 a day for the tv to work in your cubicle at the hospital? That surprised me, but I guess when the medical care is free, they've got to find ways to offset costs.
* As for the utensil dilemma from the last post, there doesn't seem to be a consensus. I'm going to try to get him to make the steak knives and butcher knives pointing down. The rest doesn't bother me much.
* Yesterday was a big milestone for me (as noted on Facebook) as it was 2 years cigarette free for this boy. I love everything about being a non-smoker except for the 20 extra pounds. That said, I actually look more normal now. Whenever I look at other 45 year olds, by and large there has been some middle aged spread.
* The magazine picture of Serge and I was taken (to answer commenter queries) separately of him and me. The bubbles were a pain in the ass! I'm surprised they got two shots as well as they did. While one of us posed the other plus the assistant photographer madly blew bubbles as fast as possible. It's not as easy as you think! And we got covered with liquid soap in the process. You should have seen our shoes.
* I'm getty giddy about my upcoming California trip. I'm taking the new Air Canada flight into John Wayne airport. (Much more convenient for me than LAX) I've got to connect in Toronto but that's easy. Air Canada is great because you don't have to worry about checked bag charges and they have those free personal video systems in the seats like JetBlue does.
* I think Georgie needs to be enrolled in a 12 step program. Shiteaters anonymous.
* It's not supposed to rain the next few days so I'm going to waterseal all the patios and balconies at the other building today. See how fun landlording is?
* Here's wishing a nice long holiday weekend to my American peeps. In honor of the 4th, I will be making hotdogs on the grill and thinking of y'all. Later gaters!