Tuesday, October 05, 2010
* My second attempt at paella looked great and tasted delightful. Unfortunately, I didn't cook the rice quite enough so it was kinda al dente. The lady at the shop convinced me to use the "best" brand of rice to make it, but this was a mistake as it absorbed the chicken stock more readily. I should have taken the tried and true brand.
* People are already wearing gloves up here. Let's not exaggerate people.
* I forgot to put gas in the car yesterday and this morning I see they've hiked the price ten cents.....per liter. This is like if overnight they bumped it up 38 cents a gallon. F*ckers!
* Guilty pleasure = Dancing with the Stars.
* I have about seven minutes to finish this post which is fine since I have basically nothing else to add.
* On Mondays I have the hideous evening commute from hell. I decided to try a longer route home distance-wise but faster time-wise. Wouldn't you know it there was a multiple mangled body accident on that route. Thwarted! I did alright putting on my Zen cap though.
* I love the crisp autumn air. Especially after this suffocating summer we had.
* The diet is still going strong. I love it! There really is no magic to it. Eat fewer calories than you expend and you will lose weight. You could just eat cake all day as long as it's not over your calorie limit and you'll still lose. The trick I suppose will be keeping the weight off after. Anyway, this is nothing compared to quitting ciggies.
* I'm in my third intensive this week and next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday I have a light schedule. This is good because I've gotten a bit cranky. I find myself commenting negatively on many people's driving skills, or rather lack thereof. Courtesy is a lost art, I'm afraid.
* Poop at the door. Must go now. Peace.