Thursday, March 03, 2011
* The pannetone that Daniel brought over had a fabric wrap. We decided to humiliate Georgie. Clearly, he is not amused. I like the way his eyes change color like a chameleon.
* Often, I make a piece of toast and microwave an egg for breakfast. I use a little ramekin, pierce the yolk and cover with plastic wrap and zap. Well I forgot to pierce the yolk one day and guess what? Nothing heinous happened. In fact, the yolk was better. It's been weeks now and I never pierce the yolk. Another example of something I believed (terrible explosions, oven mayhem) without ever bothering to test.
* Technology can be such a time suck, but I love it when it's not. For example, I heard a song on the radio and I just HAD to have it. When I got home, I went to the radio station website, found the song, pulled up itunes on the ipod touch and bought it. It's a cool salsa version of "My Way". I love it and think it's cute how he says, "I deed it, My Waaaaay." You can hear the song for free here. Click the arrow on the last song.
* Dollar store find. LU cookies! And the dark chocolate ones, to boot. It was with restraint that I only bought four boxes.
* I love when I find useful notes to myself. Often times I will prepare things well in advance and by the time I have to do the thing (teach a class, do the taxes, what have you) I have forgotten about the preparation process. Luckily, I leave notes to myself. "Don't forget to bring the folder," or "slow down at this part, the students are apt to be confused." Whenever I find one, I consider it a love note to myself.
* Apparently, there is a graffiti removal service sponsored by the city. And it's free. We called, but it isn't graffiti removal season yet. The taggers must know this.
* Serious brain fart. While playing Scrabble, I had corners in my hand and I thought, "Corner? Someone who corns? Like corning beef. Corner. Hmmm, no I don't think that's a word." Quintessential lame brain.
* My dad sent me a song he's fallen in love with. Lujon. So haunting and beautiful. I instantly loved it too. While searching for it, I saw this comment: "All you songwriters can stop now. You're too late. The perfect song has already been composed." Here, listen.
* While shoveling snow Monday, a nice man driving by who had a plow on the front of his pickup stopped, lowered his plow and "whoosh" my shoveling job done in an instant. He drove on before I could even thank him. I felt happy all day by that random act of kindness.
* Hilarious quiz alert. Who said it Gaddafi or Sheen. I only got 3 out of 10!
* I made a snowman. My first one so don't laugh.