Tuesday, July 26, 2011
* There's our favorite pooch. Notice the blurry tail. That's cuz he wags it when you approach him. He's been pretty mellow lately due to the heat wave we had. He's much livelier in the colder months.
* Serge gave me a haircut after he boasted about having cut his own. He just number twoed himself (possible ew there) and it came out fine. For me, he number twoed the back and sides and left the top alone.
* When we got back from vacation, the tenant who was watching Georgie had bad news. Apparently his unemployment checks had been stopped and he has legal assistance in order to get them back. So he won't be able to pay rent for 4 to 6 months. Ugh. He has agreed to leave and we asked him to paint his apartment in lieu of rent. It doesn't cover all of what he owes, but after three years, we can give him a couple weeks free I reckon.
* It took us one day to find a new tenant 13 days before the apartment was to become vacant. It's an Australian couple here on work visas. Perfect.
* Ooh, ooh, ooh the big exciting news of the week is that we got approved for the "unmortgage" at ING. I was worried about the appraisal, but it came in higher than the city's estimate so we were golden. The loan to value ratio is low enough that we don't have to prove income either. The best part? Our monthly payment is going down by $350. Yippee!
* This is my favorite thing that I purchased on vacation. You all know what a map geek I am, right? This book has all the subway systems in it from all over the world with a little history about each one. I love it.
* Serge and I have officially lived longer in this residence since we moved out of our parents' house as teenagers. Almost five years. The previous longest was 4 and a half years in Long Beach, California.
* I caught Serge being a bad boy. Hot dogs on hamburger buns. Would you believe this was his breakfast choice? Yeah me neither, that's why I grabbed the camera.
* When I dragged Serge out Sunday to shop for our friend's 50th birthday present, we passed by some young people downtown and the two guys were holding hands. This isn't out of the usual if you're in the gay part of the city, but this was in the touristy area. Loved it.
* I am very sad about Jack Layton.