* During a recent flight, we experienced a little turbulence. Normally, I like the turbulence, but in this case it caused me to spray urine all over the bathroom (and stripe my shoes). Lesson learned - sit to pee in a plane.
* I thought it was funny that Bush said Israel overreacted. I wonder what Bush would have done had Canada-harbored-terrorists gone in and kidnapped US soldiers.
* CNN seemed to think that the utterance of the word "shit" by Bush warranted more coverage than the unfolding conflict in the middle east. (Insert bitter "news" remark here.)
* At the entrance to casino restaurants, we appreciated the sanitizer offered at the entrance to clean our hands with (you know, because we're going to EAT). But I thought that this supermarket version was a little overboard. Remember, if we are never exposed to germs, our bodies will not know how to fight them.
* I miss my friends and family and I always feel like my time is too short with them.
* It seems, more than ever before, that Americans are in love with chains. Every niche has been boiled down to 3 or 4 national chains and this makes everyplace look the same. I couldn't tell which airport I was changing planes in because they all feature the exact same mix of commercial enterprises.
* Speaking of chain infatuation. Starbucks is ubiquitous. They are even in the hotels and supermarkets now. Casinos serve it, as do the flight attendants on United.
* We drove by our house in Long Beach that we sold for 215,000 back in 2001. Imagine the wave of nausea we felt when we saw it listed for $695,000.
* Tomorrow marks 41 years since my womb exit.