Thursday, March 01, 2007

Coupla movies

One of the renters had cable installed yesterday in her apartment. That wouldn't be noteworthy except it seems that the installation somehow compromised our signal. So when we sat down last night to watch American Idol, and realized it wasn't watchable, I popped in a film. Last week, a colleague of mine turned me on to the huge selection of films available for borrowing at the central library. (This really flips my cheap gene ; ) On the weekend, we watched Trainspotting, a film I had never seen. It was a strange film and I didn't know whether to be depressed or tickled. (I howled at the scene where the excrement riddled sheets are flung open, splattering the family as they eat breakfast.) Last night, we watched Mrs. Henderson Presents. What a darling little film. I had a permagrin watching it. And the reveal at the end that it's a true story only makes it more appealing. Also, there was full frontal nudity, both male and female. Spoiler alert! Bob Hoskins takes it all off. If you haven't seen it, I dare you not to smile while watching it.

Got a giant day ahead of me and a big snowstorm is on tap for tomorrow, so I'll be happily anticipating that all day. Cheers!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out the second flick. I love permagrins.

Timmy said...

Trainspotting is classic. I love the sound track!

Havent seen the other one, I will have to check into that!

Have a great day!

bardelf said...

Hope you get your cable corrected. Idol was entertaining last night, and I could definitely name two or three contestants who should be eliminated.

Good luck with the approaching snow. It's forecast to be here in Newfoundland by weekend. Joy.

The Persian said...

Trainspotting IS Classic, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Anonymous said...

My Baby !

I'm anticipating the snowstorm, but not for the same raison of you !!

I WANT TO GO HOME TOMMORROW !!

dan
p.s. No comment about - Mrs Henderson present-

Snooze said...

Ditto for all comments on Trainspotting, and I'll have to check out Mrs Henderson Presents.

Anonymous said...

Bob Hoskins full frontal. I'll have to check it out. I like the hairy bear look. LOL. I'm sort of a hairy cub myself. Can cubs be old? haha.
It is warm here now but supposed to storm. I hope you get your blizzard. I've had them before and to me they aren't any fun. To each his own.

St. Dickeybird said...

I LOVE Trainspotting!
Of course, the book is much better, and Irvine Welsh is one of my favourite writers. I just wish more of his books would become films.

A Bear in the Woods said...

The Henderson film is wonderful. Trainspotting is great in a quirky way too.

Patricia said...

i love free movies from the library! sadly my library has the supposedly "popular" movies like Vacation I, II, III, and XXV and very few of the fun, quirky films that are hard to find otherwise.

dawn said...

How much do I love that your library has Trainspotting, that's awesome. Those two movies are both a full frontal feast, aren't they?
Ahhhh, culture.

r said...

Anything Ewan McGregor is in, I'll watch. Trainspotting; great movie, hard to understand what's being said at times.

Mrs. Henderson? Great little underrated movie. Loved it.

Polt said...

LOVED Trainspotting! I just, last night, watched 9 Dead Gay Guys. Doesn't sound funny, but it reminded me of Trainspotting.

HUGS...