Wow, we had another record breaking weather day again yesterday. In the 80s! I don't know what nice thing we Montrealers did to deserve this or what divine being of probability we should be worshiping, but I sure do know how to appreciate such gifts. After living for 35 years in California, a hot sunny day was just the norm and boring as all getout to be frank. It's taken 9 years but now I ooze gratitude for hot sunny days now. (It took that same nine years for me to develop a major SAD face at the first sign of snow in the fall too.) We probably won't have any more hot days for a while, but we get lots of them in the summer. Uh oh, this post is all drivelly again. Whatever.
Well the flu scare is certainly living up to its name. As I was out working yesterday, I saw several news snippets on the monitors in the subway and at the lobby of the workplace. First it was the European Union advising people not to travel to the US and Mexico, then I saw the mayor of New York talking about remaining calm as they showed New Yorkers donning masks. Uh oh, this looks like it may be more serious than thought. The newspaper told everyone to be prepared for local cases and reviewed the best methods of avoiding getting infected. Here's the reality that no one talks about. The only really safe thing is to stay home and have no contact with anyone until it's over. Somehow we all believe that that isn't an option, but it will be if this gets out of hand. I'm still not scared, I mean I've had the flu and "wanted to die" during that misery many times. One more won't kill me (smirk).
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Tornwordo!
1. The pupil of an octopus's eye is shaped like Tornwordo!
2. Women shoplift four times more frequently than Tornwordo.
3. Tornwordoolatry is the mindless worship of Tornwordo.
4. It took Tornwordo 22 years to build the Taj Mahal!
5. While sleeping, fifteen percent of men snore, and ten percent grind their Tornwordo!
6. There are more than two hundred different kinds of Tornwordo.
7. Europe is the only continent that lacks Tornwordo.
8. The horns of Tornwordo are made entirely from hair.
9. The colour of Tornwordo is no indication of his spiciness, but size usually is.
10. Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are Tornwordo!
Via Gayprof. Get your own trivia tips here.