* Marketplace busted the colon cleansing phenom on their show last week. I giggled every time she said poop. It's gross, but hard to look away. Here watch.
* We had our first 80 degree plus day of the year yesterday. I was reminded how crowded this city really is. One tends to forget over the winter.
* I find this ad campaign rather irritating. There are unlimited incoming calls for Jesus. Yeah, tell me something I don't know.
* I had a good chat with one of my students yesterday as we had lunch during our final class. We were talking about culture, religion and upbringing and discussed the different ways we indoctrinate/brainwash our children. For example in America, we tell our children that they can do/be whatever they want. If they can dream it, they can be it. I talked about how I felt this was BS and if I had children I wouldn't push that message and instead push the following message: Find something you like doing and that you are reasonably good at and then try to do that. After all, not everyone can be a major league ball player.
* In contrast to America, he said that in Quebec they infuse kids with the idea that they are not superior to anyone else and if it turns out they have a special talent or skill, they should keep that information private. The result of this, he felt, was somewhat of an inferiority complex and he vowed that he would not instill this in his children.
* Oy, the don't ask don't tell debate again. Why doesn't the media point out that in military corps where gays are integrated, there have been no issues. Honestly, the straight men are so scared of being ogled in the shower or something. To that I say, "Get over yourself." Honestly, I want nothing more to do with a straight man sexually than I do with my parents.
* So clever that Homer.
* I'd have more but time is short this morning. It's the last day of my hellish schedule, hip hip hurrah. Hope everyone down south has a splendid three day weekend.