* Look who sent me a belated xmas gift! Isn't it just perfect for me?
* I remember once driving back from Vegas with the ex listening to music when all of a sudden ex blurted out, "You've touched your face 17 times in the last minute!" He was filled with derision when he said it. It reminded me of something spouse said the other night. He noticed that I have trouble sitting still and said, "You never stop moving, do you?" At least he wasn't filled with hatred like the ex.
* I read an interesting article about the US health care system. It said that the #1 competetive disadvantage for the US is that 16.2% of GDP is spent on health care with another 3% for litigation. In countries with universal health care, it runs about 10% with no litigation.
* Interesting to note as well that the profits realized by the US health care companies exceed the entire cost of Canada's system.
* I always thought I was deficient in some way because I don't have very many strong opinions. I am a major flip flopper too. I am the eskimo that you could sell ice to. However, now I consider this an asset. Committing yourself to an opinion means you've closed your mind. I like to keep mine open. My favorite way of thinking of late is, "Who cares, we're all going to be dead in 50 years anyway."
* As a result of the above, I am now willing and able to eat green bell peppers.
* Did you know a male pig's orgasm can last up to 30 minutes? 30 minutes! Sadly for them, the vast majority are slaughtered before getting to experience this. (Wild pig now figures on my reincarnation wish list.)
* I've got one more week of super busy ness and then about 6 weeks of half time followed by 2 glorious months off. Can't really complain about this career.
* If taking multivitamins impacts in no way your likelihood of dying, why is it such a huge industry? As soon as I read the results of the long term study done on multivitamins, I stopped taking them.
* Here's more zaniness. You should never skip breakfast but you should only eat when you are hungry. The problem is that I'm never hungry in the morning. I've been skipping it lately and now lunch time is so much more fun.
* This bit from the news last night made my eyes well up.