* Checky poo went bouncy loo with the new upstairs tenant. She used to be (still is?) a stripper. The one with the exotic Cleopatra cat. We sure can pick 'em!
* The garden was beautiful the other day. I kept thinking as I strolled through, "La saison s'achève." This doesn't have an easy translation in English. Something like the season has passed the pinnacle, or the season is over. Much better in French. Pics today courtesy of the beauty from Thursday.
* Feeling so old lately. It's like the genetic switch has been turned on for aging. When you're young, everything regenerates itself so easily, you feel invincible and you bounce back so quickly from things (notably alcohol abuse). Every day now there's a new spot on my face or a new pain somewhere. That fall I took back in April when I was horsing around with my cousin is still plaguing me. Four stinking months later.
* There's something changed mentally too. I can feel myself getting set in my ways and getting cantankerous when I can't have them. I find myself looking scornfully at ragamuffins and the "squeegee beggars". Get a job I've muttered more than once. And sadly, I don't think about what I want to do with my life anymore, I think about how fabulous it will be when I finally get to retire. (19 years if all goes according to plan.)
* I have a feeling a new pup will give me a new spring to my step, but I've got to honor my agreement with Serge. Can't do it until October.
* My nose has become super odor detector. I can smell an unwashed human from 10 yards now. As soon as your sweat starts to ferment - a smell I used to think of as "man" - I will notice it and if I love you, I'll tell you that you're starting to stink. Every morning, there's at least one unwashed guy on the bus who sweat in the bed and didn't shower in the morning. I don't love him so I don't say anything.
* Uh-oh, I've found another series to watch. Weeds. The first disc of any series is only 99 cents at the video store to get you hooked. Well it worked. There's several seasons over there, so I'll be watching that for the next few weeks. (And Californication? Awesome. It's a drag there's only one season available right now up here. I hurt myself several times with the guffawing.)
*To give you an idea of the challenge I presently have at work. (The following exchange in French because I was trying to get him to understand the parts of speech.)
Me: C'est quoi le verbe dans la phrase suivante: Je vais au magasin.
Me: Non, ecoute une fois de plus: Je VAIS au magasin.
Him: Vais, vais.......Je ne sais pas.
Me: (With a huge grin) C'est le verbe "aller".
Okay so those of you who have no idea what that is, I asked him what the verb was in the sentence "I go to the store." His response was the verb "to be". Then later on (he really is improving despite my whinage around here) he was translating a phrase in his head and thought "ses choses" meaning "his things" but since ses is a homonym of both "c'est" and "ces", he looked up "ces" in his notes and proudly responded: These things! It was so cute but geez if you are lame in your mother tongue, it's a very uphill climb to learn a second language. I know I had to relearn English somewhat when I learned French.