* Itunes told me there was new Basia available. What?! Apparently it was released in March and they only got around to telling me now. At least they offer instant gratification which I immediately took advantage of. One click and it's downloaded on the ipod.
* Speaking of the ipod, I went ahead and sprang for the new software update. It's rather irritating though, the only difference I've seen is the newfangled way it shuffles. See now you can shake your ipod and it will skip to the next tune. The trouble is that if you are walking and put the ipod in your pocket, it shuffles with every step you take. I paid ten bucks for added irritation, yay.
* Rented Doubt. Yawn. Merril is always fun to watch, but really it could have just been a (very) short story. Nun suspects priest of diddling boy, accuses priest, invents incriminating information and thus priest transfers elsewhere. The end. There, now you don't have to bother.
* Went to greet the bikers from the Toronto to Montreal bike ride Friday. I looked for Snooze but couldn't find (or possibly recognize) her but I did find Don. He seemed smaller than I thought from reading his blog. Sigh it's always like this. I'm the freakishly tall one.
* Booked our tickets to Spain for next March. Mommy's taking the family on a little vacation. It's kind of a replay of a family trip we took in '83. It will be much better this time. Last time I got stuck taking care of my little brother, this time he'll be buying us shots after the folks hit the hay.
* Speaking of shots. No drinking tomorrow. We've decided to cut that out during the week. Not because I don't like it, but because it's expensive and I think it has more than something to do with the weight gain.
* Because of our anticipation of this change we really tied one on yesterday. Yes, we were in full George and Martha mode. I would really like to get that film (Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?) but it's out of print and therefore beyond my budget.
* This was yesterday at the Diverscite site in the village. It's a kind of Gay Pride event that is an annual thing here. We had a look around but that was about it. We used to get so excited about these kinds of things but now we just enjoy seeing the excitement of the newbies. It's kind of like Christmas I suppose. It's all about the kids and seeing their eyes light up now.
* I seem to be eliminating my vices here in my mid-forties. At least there will always be food and sex. I just have to make sure they don't turn into vices too.
* My camera is screwed up again. There are those glare spots again whenever I take a picture. It seems to be a common problem with digital cameras. It's happened to every one I've owned. Maybe that's their master plan, make it problematic after two years so you have to get another one.
* When I went to rent videos Friday, I came up to the counter and gave my phone number, confirmed my name and then specified the number of days I wanted to rent ( 3 versus 7). The clerk then asked me if I was good in English. (since one of the films didn't include the French version) "Pardon me?" I said. He repeated his question and I winked at him and said, "Of course, I'm an anglophone." Woot! I got mistaken for a native. That's definitely a first.