* We have two garages but we only use one to park our single vehicle. There is a no parking sign in front of the garage that we use, but not the other one. Serge gets really bent out of shape when someone parks in front of that garage, while I really don't care. Serge even threw an egg on the one girl's car who is a frequent "offender". That was funny because she obviously never washed her car as the residue lasted for months. Anyway, he gets really clipped about it as though that's our "reserve" spot. I told him just to buy another no parking sign if he feels so strongly.
* We're supposed to get anywhere from a slushy rainy mix to two feet of snow this week. I'm really hoping for the former.
* We got Cirque du Soleil tickets for the new show (still unnamed at this point). All the new shows start here and then travel around the world. We got a couple seats for a 4pm show in early June. I love the idea of a 4pm show. We can be home by dark.
* Showerhead in French is shower apple.
* Were you as traumatized as I was when they showed that luge guy having his fatal accident? I just can't understand why they did that. It reminds me of Dirk's blog title. Too disgusting to contemplate, too compelling to ignore. (And I'm sad that he changed his header. For the longest time it was a closeup of a cameltoe. Now it's rotting teeth which is definitely worse.)
* The light is definitely getting more springlike. Actually, it's the same light as we had back toward the end of October. But back then it was waning, so it was depressing. Now that it's gaining in strength and heralding spring, it is uplifting. Perception indeed is reality.
* Georgie isn't the brightest of the bunch, but I swear he reads my mind. Here he is as I was getting ready to head out the door yesterday. Somehow he knew I wasn't taking him. (In which case, he'd have been crying and jumping.)
* I start teaching a couple of new evening classes next week. I hate teaching in the evening since it encroaches on martini time. I take them though and tell myself, "It'll be good for you." And it probably is, but I still don't like doing them.
* Montreal is infecting my speech. I've caught myself saying "take a decision" and "open the computer" and "take a coffee" just this week alone.
* We watched Paranormal Activity the other night. I LOVED it! It was creepy as all get out and the constant shivers ricocheting down my body were so cool. I used to hate that feeling, but now it's kinda nice, similar to that which I get when someone caresses my scalp. I wouldn't like it if it were due to something scary in real life, but knowing it's just a movie made it okay. And at the end? Even though we had predicted it, Serge and I both screamed loudly, and then cracked up. Gotcha!