Thursday, January 27, 2011

Head still spinning

Yes, busy as can be. Work work work work work work work. This is the time of year to do it though since it's so heinous outside. Although it's been ridiculously cold (Monday, the car refused to start it was so cold) the huge dumps of snow have occurred South of us, so at least I've been spared much of the shoveling duties the last couple weeks. It still seems to snow a little bit every day though so I have to brush off the car every day. You can really have fun judging people in winter. It takes maybe two-three minutes to brush all the snow off your car but there are many who don't. They hop in the care and take off and let the snow blow off and blind other drivers. It's illegal not to brush your snow off, but there's never a cop around to enforce that. Also, I notice a lot more scofflaw behaviour. People ignoring road signs, turning when not permitted and many running of red lights. It's like people know it's too damn cold for enforcement of laws.

I really should be getting in the shower now. I have to leave in 40 minutes. I got some good news that I picked up another group of nurses which was unanticipated. And then yesterday they asked me to go on an English "retreat" and accompany a group to a hotel stay for the weekend in the Laurentians. That's what I call a real paid vacation. But again, busy busy busy.

What else? State of the Union speech was dull. It's almost more fun when everyone is slinging hatred at one another. Almost. The Canadian dollar is remaining steadfastly above par with the US dollar. Georgie thinks pooping is a game now. A race game. Can we grab the poop before he snarfles it up and swallows? Yesterday, I won the race but one little turdlet escaped my grasp and before I could recover it, snarflage. Ugh. He can be so vile.

Sorry for the disjointed nature of these ramblings but I'm late and really must go. See ya on the weekend.

10 comments:

Lemuel said...

I remember a vacation to Toronto in the mid-1990's during which the city bus driver commented that we were there "on the American Plan" because the US$ was worth CA$1.50. Everything in Canada was dirt cheap.
Ah, the fickle finger of fate!

wcs said...

And the dollar is dropping like a rock against the euro right now. Again. Damn.

don said...

I think I will stock up on some greenbacks while they are on sale. Vacay will be coming soon!

rox said...

I need greenbacks and euros soon. =)

He eats it fresh out of his bum? That dog!

A Lewis said...

Been missing you around these parts! Warm hugs for the cold winter.

Snooze said...

TM and I also comment on all the people who can't be bothered to brush off their cars. It's dangerous on the highway. Congrats on the Laurentians gig! What a dream moment.

I'm trying not to think of Georgie's race.

GayProf said...

Ah, the U.S. peso. Thanks, Mr. Geithner! You're doing a heck of a job.

We hate the lazy people who won't clear the snow off their cars.

Anonymous said...

Interesting take on the cold affecting driving habits. Behavioral economics at work!

Jim said...

Ramble on! It's always fun to read your adventures. A paid vacation....nice!

Buddy Bear said...

Turdlet! I thought you invented a new word, but there it was in urbandictionary.com.