Saturday, January 22, 2011
Stylish blogger and random things
It seems I've been tagged with a little meme that goes with the "stylish blogger award". Blobby, thankfully, tagged me so I now have to write 7 things about myself, link the person who tagged me and then tag others. I don't like tagging others though so this particular chain link of the chain letter ends here.
1. When I was a kid, I went through a hamster phase. Creative naming was not my forte though and when I got two of them for Christmas, I named them Tiger and Tigger. When Tiger died, he keeled over but his heart continued beating for hours. I kept hoping he would wake up, but no. The dead never wake up.
2. In class this week, and I know this technically not about me but since I was there I'm gonna tell you about it - when I asked for new vocabulary the students had learned from the articles I had assigned, one girl said "anus". I couldn't remember any mention of anus in any of the articles I assigned so I asked her to say it again. "Anus," is what she said again. So I started to explain the defecation hole to the class. Horrified, she said, "Noooo, it means nasty or terrible." Like a good student she had looked it up. I had to walk over to her desk to see the word. Heinous. Ahhh, that explains it. Francophones have the dangedest time pronouncing those aitches. We had a good laugh at that one.
3. I haven't had a glass of milk in probably twenty years, maybe more. Milk is for babies.
4. I'm dying to go on a cruise. It's been a couple of years and I'm ready. Someone asked me where I want to go and I said, "Anywhere." It really makes no nevermind to me. I just want to go!
5. I have worked out regularly since I was 27. In a little more than a year that will make 20 years. Prior to that I was skinny but doughy.
6. I've never shaved my head. I had my scalp ripped open by a great dane when I was a kid, and I'm thinking that scar is an ugly one. Luckily, I'm not balding either.
7. This winter has me vexed. It started too soon and it snows practically every day. When it's sunny, it's too cold to go outside. If I can make a couple extra thou this year, I'm going to buy a garage door opener and pay for a service to remove the snow in front of the garage. Then no more scraping the dang windows and clearing the gall-danged snow every day.
Thanks for hanging with me today. I will try to update in the middle of the week. They are announcing a big snow storm for Wednesday which is causing me to panic already. I'm askeered of driving in the snow if I haven't already mentioned that. Really scared. Here's a little Georgie porn to close out this post. Have a great rest of the weekend.