* The astrologist predicts the future from the movements of the planets. The scientist predicts the future movement of the planets. Scientists are far more successful in their endeavor.
* Once, I thought, go into a gaybar and see a room full of broken people. (me included) But then I realized, go into ANY bar.....
* Did you see the Diamond-tini offered by the Ritz Carlton Tokyo? The martini (prepared tableside of course) is garnished with a 1.06 carat diamond. 15 thousand bucks. I can't decide if I'm more intrigued or disgusted.
* The subway system inaugurated three new stations last week. I've had a chance to see only one so far. Here's a collage of the De la Concorde station:
* Money only brings happiness if you're already happy.
* I used to have trouble getting up in the morning. Now I have trouble staying up at night.
* The pope continues to maintain that evolution is bunk. Once again, (and I know I'm inviting chastising) it looks like faith is stupidity chosen.
* Sitting on a park bench in Square Victoria yesterday, I looked down and noticed a message scrawled on the bench. It made me laugh. (There's a barely legible retort beneath: and proud of it you homeless piece of shit.) Prejudice is simply everywhere it seems.
* There was a Lamborghini convertible (with hideous neon orange seats I might add) parked in front of the W hotel yesterday. A crowd of men assembled, oohing and aahing over the overpriced heap. One of them said, "Man, this is the ultimate chick magnet." I laughed and thought, "No, it's clearly a dude magnet."