Saturday, November 18, 2006

Did you hear a rat?

Yesterday was fairly lackluster. Poor Serge had a hellish day at work and just wanted to come home and relax. I had been prepared mentally for an outing or even a pub crawl, but he called from work saying, "Have the martinis ready, I just want to stay home." The rule in this house is birthday boy wishes rule. So I had a frosty one ready when he arrived. Then he continued to work all evening. For his job. We're going out tonight to celebrate instead.

I'm still waking up a lot at night, but this book that Peter sent me has helped me find ways of coping, and learning things about myself that I didn't even know, er believe. Things about how my mind works. I'm looking forward to practicing the techniques described in the book.

Here Serge details how I woke up thinking I heard mice in the walls.



Happy weekend!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Video, I love the Spouse at home scenes. Serge is such a great sport. You two guys have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Serge does a good imitation. LOL! Sorry, he had a bad day for his birthday. It ought to be illegal.

Have a great celebration! - even if a day late.

Snooze said...

Sara should be chasing all those rats away! Loved the video.

GayProf said...

Clearly Serge's work needs to be reminded of the birthday rules.

Have fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

I love you two!

And Sarah is beautiful!

dirk.mancuso said...

I hope the belated birthday celebration is loads of fun for both of you.

And as always, the video was adorable.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I love watching your videos. Enjoy the birthday...

Anonymous said...

I love the whole "focus on me" thing. Too funny!!

Also, he does a pretty good rat imitation!

Hope you two don't get too wild for the birthday tonight. That could make for groggy Sunday posting.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're taking some time to go out and celebrate. Hope you had a great time. I'm really glad that the book I sent is resonating - helping - you. It's made a big difference with me and I've suggested a lot of friends read it. It reminds me of that lovely French expressions that people writing in English sometimes borrow:

"bien dans sa peau."

I'm still a long way from being that at ease or comfortable with myself, but I'm a whole lot closer than I was before I started reading that book.

Spider said...

I swear, you two are just too cute!

A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm in love with you both...

Patricia said...

i dunno what i'd do if my spouse woke me up with do you hear rats in the wall?!

i say you were lucky not to be kneed.

Mark in DE said...

Can I tell you just how much I LOVE your video clips? They make me feel like I know you and Serge. Keep on sharing!

Mark in DC