Monday, February 06, 2006

Snippets

* Every night when I go to bed, I listen to the "weather band" radio for a few minutes. It used to be real people broadcasting, but now it is computer generated voices. I've had this habit since before puberty.

*Speaking of bedtime, I am only able to sleep on my stomach. I do not use a pillow under my head, instead clutching one in the crook of my arm. It doesn't have to be a pillow; any towel, blanket or even stuffed animal will do.

* I used to choose window, now it's aisle all the way, baby.

* When it's hazy, I think Mother Nature is bored.

* 3 months ago, I stopped recording every transaction in my checkbook. I'm still not comfortable letting go of this long term habit, but can no longer find a logical reason to keep it up.

* Woody Allen says, "90% of success is showing up." My corollary is, "90% of successfully speaking a 2nd language is confidence."

* I believe it is better to adapt and make do than to complain about it.

* If, as the bumper sticker says, "we are spiritual beings having human experiences", I would wager that the spirit world is getting pretty sick of our shit.

* The only sport I truly excel at is bodysurfing. Sadly, I live far from the ocean now.

8 comments:

Snooze said...

These snippets are so fantastic. That's neat about the weather band radio. did that habit drive the Spouse insane?

Lee said...

> When it's hazy, I think Mother Nature is bored.

I love you, Tornwordo.

Adam said...

We think alike on many counts. The one that I can particularly relate to the most is the bit about adapting but I'm what is called an "early adopter."

GayProf said...

I feel pity for people who still opt for window. Aisle allows precious freedom and extra leg room.

St. Dickeybird said...

My bodysurfing has nothing to do with water. You can do it anywhere. Anywhere secluded..

CoffeeDog said...

When it's hazy I think Mother Nature is lazy!

madamerouge said...

I love the radio in my Saab--it has a button that automatically finds the weather band, no matter where you are. Those Swedes... I tell you...

Patricia said...

i love these!
i can't let go of my checkbook register. too often i am forced to see the balance get dangerously low as i wait for payday.
i'd like to think there's some patience for us among the spiritual world, or else they (we) would've beat the crap out of us by now.