Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What else is there to say but Brrrrrrr



Here you see some more evidence of the cold. The top photo shows the curved icicles we saw everywhere. They formed while it was very windy, explaining their shape.

In the second photo, you see an ice sculpture (man made) which didn't quite make it through the storm unscathed. This was on the festival grounds.

Finally, you see shivering spouse posing under a tree coated with ice.

We contemplated winter activities (skating, sliding etc) but just wanted to be cozy and warm inside.

I think Ottawa would be more fun in the summer. (And I think today's pics are clickable to see larger versions.)

9 comments:

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

amazing!

Snooze said...

I love the curvy icicles. I'm in wimpy weather Toronto so I am loving seeing shots of a true winter.

dantallion said...

Love the icicles. Very Eastern Canada.

Patricia said...

beautiful!
i know ice storms are dangerous but they make for the most beautiful scenery.
and being warm and cozy inside sounds like a perfect long weekend to me.

Shauntae AuPair said...

Ah, Ottawa in the summer, the black flies are great! If you get a chance to go back to l'outouais this winter, check out the Nordic Spa in the Gatineaus. You won't be disappointed. The canal is beuatiful in the summer though, and there are occasionally nice things to do. The tulip explosion in spring is waaaaay cool.

Cheers
Shaun

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

England gets the Wimpy winter award! ;-)

GayProf said...

I can’t say that I ever experienced that type of cold. Still, when I was in the Midwest for graduate school, I found being in the cold oddly exciting -- Well, except that whole tears-freezing-your-eyes-shut thing.

Chunks said...

I got chills just looking at the picture and I live in Northern Alberta where it is winter ten months of the year! (Actually we've been lucky this year!)

epicurist said...

Very nice pictures. Those curved icicles look really cool! Your poor hubby looks colder than the sculpture! LOL