Saturday, October 28, 2006

Kind of a gloomy Saturday around here

I'm getting a little behind in everything. See, I've taken on new contracts (can't say no to $ opportunities right now) that require preparation and more of my already limited free time. I may have to skip a day blogging here and there, simply for lack of time (please, no cheering at this news). Have I mentioned that I must take the 5:30 bus on Friday mornings and haul my ass out to timbuktu for a 7am class where the only coffee available comes from a vending machine with a thimble sized cup, all for the bargain price of sixty cents? No? It's a gift, lemme tell ya.

What's shocking is that the 5:30 bus is FULL. I get on at the beginning of the route, but by the 5th stop, it's standing room only. Who knew there was so much life going on, what, all these people got up at 4:30 like I did? Half the seated passengers sleep while the others chat vivaciously, having bonded over time on the same bus everyday. I read the paper.

This weekend is rainy. I have extra work to do and we have to show our old apartment again (it's still not rented). Also, I'm coming down with something. While this is not media alert news, it is the facts. Peace.

15 comments:

Jack said...

Wasn't your Friday spent at the Olympic Stadium?

G'luck on the renting!?

Take something now and since it's the week end, take some time to relax. I know you wont have time during the week.

REST NOW!?

See you next Thursday at 3:30?!

dirk.mancuso said...

The 5:30 bus? Ouch.

Much luck with the apartment.

Make sure to get as much rest as you can to fight off whatever is coming on. Are you talking vitamins? (Ugh, I have become my mother...)

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon. Don't overwork your old self just for money. I mean, money is nice but don't forget to have a life.

We got over a foot of snow last night, and it's still coming down. This means shovelling. This means OW! Get some rest.

Anonymous said...

I had to take a 0530 bus to X-ray school back in the 90s. But first I had to ride my Honda Scooter in the winter mornings to the bus stop. It was too cold to ride it all the way!

Ah, memories.

GayProf said...

All of this post makes me feel a bit of empathy with you. Money woes? Oh, lord, do I have those. I am thinking of taking on another short project for cash, even though the last one I did took five times longer than it should have taken. Packed buses with overly chatted people? Daily (luckily, though, I don't have to be up at that ungodly hour -- And I mean that god is not awake at 5:30am). Illness? I have been fighting the same cold for ten days now.

Not that I am trying to minimize the uniqueness of your stress. Rather, I am offering community via shared suffering.

Hopefully things will look up.

Anonymous said...

It started out gloomy and rainy down here, but now it is clearing (mid afternoon). I hope your day cleared up and that your symptoms are only passing. Also good luck on renting the old apt.

A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm sending you gumbo thought from My Own Private Bayou Jack(Idaho), aka the Elysian Fields.
Be strong, and know that you are held affectionately in other's thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Let me see, getting up at 4:30 and riding a crowded bus. Where in the world could you possibly catch something? Get a flu shot and drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids. Your body, though amazing looking, is stressed and you must take it easy whenever possible Here's the three rules I live by: 1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's ALL small stuff.
3. If it is not small stuff, see rule number two!

Doug said...

*hugs*

toobusyliving said...

I just got over something too, unfortunately it wasn't the "something" I would have liked, but still, it's nice to be free of the flu at least.

Spider said...

Like everyone else says - take care, keep up the vitamans and remember, there are only so many hours in the day... you can only do what you can do... be good to yourself...

Snooze said...

I think the gods must have gifted you with a summer off just to prepare your body for this current onslaught.

dawn said...

Some nights I go to bed at 4:30am. This is when you get up. I wouldn't last two days getting up that early.

Sounds like winter and its flu are heading your way. I bet that huge bathtub at your new place will come in handy for battling both.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a crappy weekend. Mine wasn't great either. This has been a really wet autumn.

Patricia said...

you need to get yourself a big ol' thermos! that way you can cart your own freshly brewed heaven to those awful pre-dawn classes. expecting you to function on vended coffee is just inhuman!