Thursday, July 05, 2007

Vegas done

I'm back in Socal now. Vegas was a ball, we played and played and played and drank. I see that Rebekah snuck off to post while I was at the Pai Gow table. Gosh we were drunk that night. Yesterday was all about nursing the hangover and a visit to the top of the Stratosphere. We both came back with money in our pocket, so that should be considered a success. We were up and down and up and down, but down invariably wins with time in that town. I kept hearing the phrase "you've got to bet big to win big" being bandied about, but I came up with the corollary, "you've got to bet big to lose big" which kept my betting practices frugal. 4 days for $500 is not bad at all considering all the food, drink, hotel and gaming that we did.

The drive out there was brutal, I had already been sitting on planes for 8 hours before arriving and then the 5 hour drive to Vegas caused my butt to experience considerable discomfort. Because of this, Rebekah shared some driving duties. Returning today was much more pleasant and I mentioned this to Rebekah when she offered to drive. "No, that's fine. Coming hurt my butt so much." She asked me, "What did you say?" And I repeated, "Coming hurt my butt so much." Then we both melted into hysterics. Good times.

There is much to say on the nature of defecation in Vegas, but maybe I'll leave that to Rebekah to detail. (She's certainly not shy about sharing details with me, lol)

Tomorrow, I'll be hanging out with Em (It's her birthday) and the weekend will be spent amongst family. I'll try to post again in a few days. Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

16 comments:

A Lewis said...

I see it's supposed to be 116 there today.....that's pretty hot for your northern boys....well, it's hot for anybody, quite frankly. I like that your butt hurt. Hehehehe

This Boy Elroy said...

You could carry an inflatable donut with you to to sit on. It totally helps!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, good times betting fun, what this nancy boy wants to know is did you see any shows whle in Vegas?

Doug said...

Congrats on the winnings. And that's a very good corollary.

Re: your butt: oh my! ;)

Patricia said...

happy birthday to em!

enjoy socal and the rest of your vacation. and hurry home with the urge to share all the details with us.

Devo said...

Sounds like you're having a great time, minus the butt pain! See how much we all love to hear about bums and pooh?? It's a universal thing, really. Happy Birthday to the lovely Em!! Enjoy the rest of the time away!!

GayProf said...

Sounds like you are having fun. As for gambling, I figure the money that you put out is equivalent to paying for entertainment.

Chunks said...

I love that Rebekah snuck off and did a drunkie blog. Too cool!

Sorry to hear about your bum. Try a bag of frozen peas. Get it? Pea? Poo? hahah! I need coffee, I'm silly. Hurry home and say nice things about me while you are there! hahah

TJ said...

Sounds like you had and are having a good time. All I will say is ENJOY!

Polt said...

Don't melt out there in all that heat, man! Have fun!

HUGS..

anabel said...

I could have been in Vegas this weekend for a Martial Arts conference but decided not to go.

I'm not a huge Vegas fan. Plus it was a bit costly - tax deductable, but costly.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having such a great time!

Jason said...

How did you handle that heat?

dpaste said...

I have no taste for gambling. Just doesn't appeal to me. Glad you are having a grand time.

Mark in DE said...

Glad to hear you're having a great time. We miss you!

madamerouge said...

I second Jason's question. I know you're a Californian, but... holy crap that's hot weather.