* I finished "The Kite Runner" yesterday. The last third of the book had me gripped. The author was good at stirring up my emotions and I loved the blunt prose.
* One of my favorite lines in the book was "Time is sometimes a greedy thing, hoarding all the details to itself."
* For example, what did you have for dinner last Friday? What were you wearing?
* Sometimes I think that our fear based society is born of modern evolution. Courage kills so cowardice endures.
* Mom sent me a couple pics from her visit. This one is great of Serge and his giganto plate of pigfoot.
* "Protecting the homeland" sounds more apt for an environmental organization rather than a battle cry by warmongers.
* There's a big brouhaha up here about the election commissioner's decision to permit fully veiled women to vote without having to have their face matched with their identification. Big. Brouhaha. Still, if you vote absentee, you don't have to show your face. So what's the big deal? I see many possible solutions to mollify everyone.
* Overheard on the subway, "All she does is whine about her ailments, if I want that I can go see my grandparents." (I had to stifle a laugh.)
* Does a hibernating animal defecate? I can't imagine not pooping for months.
* Spandex is jast a rearranging of the phonetic syllables in the word expand.
* I know I'm a judgemental person sometimes because if you approach me with a cocky swagger, I don't like you already.
* Me and Serge in wine country last Sunday.