* One of my students explained how she got her forehead scar. It seems she and her friend were playing "blind people" as kids and she ran into the corner of a table. That was the last time she played that game. (I found this hilarious.)
* My childhood scar on my face was caused by my mimicking the babysitter who had just shaved with a straight edge razor. Thankfully, I don't recollect it.
* My grandfather (RIP) had a pair of webbed toes.
* Spouse turns 41 tomorrow.
* I came home Wednesday to 22 messages on the machine, all from the same 800 number - all hang-ups. When they called again, I asked if it was necessary to call my house 23 times a day. The girl just kept repeating her opening line, "I'm calling on behalf of...." She refused to answer my question so I told her to never call me again and hung up.
* How did "casualty" come to mean "death"?
* The college and university students are on strike here. Doesn't that sound ridiculous? They're striking because the tuition fees have been raised (by $50). Welcome to the real world guys, prices go up. Anyway, they're only hurting themselves, I'm sure the profs are loving it.
* Merguez sausage always tempts me. But when I honor the temptation, I always think the same thing, "Tastes like there's butt in here."
* This site rated my blog "elementary school level" reading. (Cuz of the poop talk?) This will probably disappoint the francophones that read, since they often have trouble with my turns of phrase.
* When people (mis) use the phrase, "I could care less," I always think, "Who's stopping you?" It's couldn't, not could. Duh.