Friday, August 15, 2008

Back home

See now this is a nice picture of Laverne and I, but I really am only posting it because Laverne insisted that if I put up the below picture, I had to balance it with a nice picture of us. This is the night we went out to see Love, the Cirque du Soleil Beatles show, in Las Vegas.

Of course, me being me, I adore this second photo. I crack up every time I look at it.

The trip was fun - I got to see my family and friends (except Jonathan but I'll be back in five months) and relax at mom's for a few days and then play in Vegas for a few days. Vegas was rather kind to me and I only spent half my $450 budget. I won a $75 jackpot right as we were leaving, so that was a nice kiss good-bye.

The weirdest thing in Vegas was when I woke up in bed, naked, with Laverne. We each had our own bed in the room, but somehow I sleepwalked over to her bed. Apparently I dove into her bed after taking off my underwear and woke her up brutally. She yelled at me but I didn't wake up. Luckily (or not, depending on your pov) I'm not like Brice, who sleepsexes.

18 comments:

Rox said...

I like both pictures! They show both sides of your zany personalities!

I'm glad Vegas didn't break your heart! I don't know why I'm using so many exclamation points.

A Lewis said...

PERVERT. If you wanted it, why not just ask. It's easier that way.

dpaste said...

TMI

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a good time!

Don't mean to ruin your homecoming by being grammar police, but you wrote:"See now this is a nice picture of Laverne and I ..." It should be "Laverne and ME." You'd never say: "This is a nice picture of I," so you can't say "Laverne and I," either.

Since you've taught language classes, I thought you needed to know that ;-)

M

Mark in DE said...

Welcome back!!! You were missed.

The photos are BOTH great! Glad you had a good time in Vegas.

If I were Laverne I'd have been a bit suspect of the naked sleepwalking and joining her in her bed. You're not thinking of switching teams, are you???

Mark :-)

Butch said...

Welcome back!

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!" ;-)

Greg said...

Butch, that's what I thought!!

That second picture is a keeper, but Laverne's right...it's funnier in contrast to the lovely one that precedes it.

Welcome back!

CoffeeDog said...

Hey welcome back! Nice to see you and Laverne :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time.

We missed you!

GayProf said...

It looks like you had a good time. I'll let the Freudians unravel your nocturnal activities.

David said...

Welcome back. I missed ya!

And the pics are fabulous.

Java said...

You look quite stodgy in the second picture. Laverne is beautiful any way. It's a girl thing.

Glad to have you back.
Are you still a non-smoker?

Snooze said...

You are back with a vengeance! Those pics are amazing and the story of your sleepwalking is completely hilarious.

BriteYellowGun said...

Welcome back, you've been missed. Send cash please.

Scooter said...

Welcome back!!!!

Brice said...

That Vegas-bed story excited me...

LOL, and thanks for the mention - let's see why my new readers show up...

Brice said...

HAHAHA, sure enough! My blog hits have doubled in the last couple of days, mostly traffic coming from here!
no wonder I get a reputation.
;)

lattégirl said...

The second photo cracked me up, too!