Monday, August 18, 2008

The odd meme I do

1. What is your occupation right now? Teacher of English as a second language.

2. What color are your socks right now? I don't wear socks with the Birkenstocks.

3. What are you listening to right now? The morning traffic outside, punctuated by birdsong.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Rocky road ice cream with peanut butter.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, automatic is for pussies.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Serge when I was at the market and called to see if we needed milk.

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I ripped this off from Rox and Brice.

8. How old are you today? 43, but just barely.

9. What is your favourite sport to watch? Does gymnastics count? I watch that every four years or so.

10. What is your favourite drink? That's a moving target. However, milkshake rates consistently in the top three.

11. Favourite food? Probably foie gras and avocados. I know that's two, but it's a tie.

12. What is the last movie you watched? Flawless

13. Favourite day of the year? The first warm day of spring.

14. How do you vent anger? I used to hit, now I yell.

15. What was your favourite toy as a child? The Erector Set.

16. What is your favourite season? If it's springtime, I'll tell you spring, but if it's currently autumn, then I'll tell you fall.

17. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries but I can't tie the stem with my tongue. Can you?

18. Do you want your friends to add this meme to their blogs? Go for it.

19. Who is the most likely to respond? I don't know.

20. Who is least likely to respond? I don't know even less. (more?)

21. Living arrangements? Spouse and pooch, first floor 6 1/2 (this is how apartments are described here), on the edge of the plateau in Montreal.

22. When was the last time you cried? I think it was watching Finding Neverland.

23. What is on the floor of your closet? suitcases, shoes, blankets, carpet, a few coins

24. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship with that you are sending this to? I'm not sending it, but em and I go the most wayback.

25. What did you do last night? Slept and I had a smoking dream! The guilt and misery caused me to wake up.

26. What inspires you? Good writing. Clearly I'm not reading enough these days.

27. What are you most afraid of? Chancres.

28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Plain. I can't stomach American cheese anymore. If we're having swiss though, then I'll take a cheeseburger.

29. Favourite dog breed? Don't I have to say yellow lab since I have one?

30. Favourite day of the week? Saturday, predictably.

31. How many states have you lived in? Two plus a province. California, Kansas, Quebec.

32. Biggest Life lesson? You can't trust anyone. (Sounds like a downer, but it keeps proving true over and over again.)

17 comments:

Lemuel said...

You've proven that despite how open you always are in your blog, there is something new and fascinating to learn about you.

My adventures said...

I pretty much trust everybody, but everyone gets only one chance to prove me wrong. Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me! Ha!

Patricia said...

Oh sure, go all anti-American and "neutral" with your cheese choice!

A smoking dream. Funny how our psyche haunts us sometimes.

Foie gras as a fave. I feel so unrefined.

I love cherries too, but I made a blueberry smoothie the other day that was amazing.

Rox said...

I CAN tie the stem with my tongue! The trick is to soften it in your mouth a little, make it more pliable.

And I love that you cried at Finding Neverland. So did I.

Smoking dreams still haunt me sometimes!

Java said...

Don't think I've ever had a smoking dream. But then, I have never smoked.
I had to look up chancres. ICK! I'm afraid of them, too.
What is it with cherries? Every one who has done this meme says cherries. They're good, yeah, but blueberries are so much better!
I agree with you on American "cheese" product. It ain't cheese, and doesn't taste like it either. Americans by and large have no taste.

GayProf said...

You can't trust anyone. (Sounds like a downer, but it keeps proving true over and over again.)

Here is something that I never, ever learn -- despite having ample evidence of its validity.

dpaste said...

Going through those items, I realized that the last time I spoke to anyone on the phone was Saturday evening. No wonder I have 40 million rollover minutes.

dantallion said...

I'd never heard of a Chancres until I read number 27 - and I had to look it up. Yikes - now it's what I'm most afraid of as well...

Brice said...

An ERECTOR set???
Oh jesus...

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, KANSAS?!
Sould I have known this? I want to hear more about Kansas!

Snooze said...

Like tardy, I want to hear more about Kansas. And yes, you do have to say yellow lab as your favourite dog breed.

Anonymous said...

Nobody? Say it isn't so, TW.

I'll take a spicy burger!

Butch said...

Interesting answers and I like a cheese burger with Swiss or Havarti cheese on it. I like to mix other things into the meat as well. None of the fast food chains make a decent burger, like the one's from the 50s. There never was that "production-line taste" that the food chains have today.

"You can't trust anyone. (Sounds like a downer, but it keeps proving true over and over again.)"
===============================
I usually trust people until they become untrustworthy. I was born at night, but not last night.

Word Verification: qwolf
queer wolf?

David said...

Trust No One, as Mulder used to say.

It's the hardest lesson to learn, you know?

Anonymous said...

you can trust me.

Mark in DE said...

Mmmm, I love milkshakes (and malts) too.

Mark :-)

Roger Owen Green said...

My wife teaches ESL. Upon learning this, at least every third person asks her, "How many other languages do you know?" (The answer, just Spanish, is largely irrelevant, as you undoubtedly know.)