Monday, January 30, 2006

Waning and faltering

Oh my god, I'm officially a broken record. I wrote something and then it turns out I wrote about it already back on July 9th. This must be why our grandparents are always repeating themselves.

I don't mind most of the stuff about getting old. Sure there's gray where once there was none. The proliferation of wrinkles and freckles are somewhat upsetting. But there's also added perspective and a better sense of oneself too. None of it all that bad.

But here's what I hate. The robustness is waning. Stamina fleeting. Mental retention faltering. This is what leads to canes and walkers! Sad, sad I am about that.

7 comments:

epicurist said...

What did you write about?

Adam said...

Its okay, I'll still check you first thing in the morning as always. Except I didn't today because internet is arriving at the new place today at 11. Sorry.

dantallion said...

Ah, but don't forget about the beautiful balance of life, Tornwordo: The old age that allowed you to forget you wrote it is the very same old age that would allow us to eventually forget we'd already read it. So problem solved.

Besides, a walking can can be very distinguished sometimes, don't you think?

jjd said...

huh? I tried to read the print but it was too small.. where are my glasses??

Chunks said...

I also suffer from CRAFT...can't remember a fucking thing.

With wisdom comes senility, unfortunately.

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Grow old disgracefully!!
that previous pic was grosse! ;-)

Patricia said...

don't get me started about how much i'm beginning to repeat myself.

and i swear to god the other day i sat down on the couch and made the ol' lady groaning sound. i've been doing it when getting up from the couch once in a while. but sitting down? pathetic.

oh and did i mention i repeat myself?