Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cheese curds and replica turds

I slept eight hours! And now the world seems infinite with possibility once again. I think this post is going to be all over the place due to my giddiness. Project poutine was fun wasn't it? And bonus points for the foreigner? The guy in the movie that wasn't spouse was the non-quebecer. Dickey rightly noted that it would be the one who held poutine with disdain. Did you notice he said, "It's not a good cheese"?

But that's just regular poutine. There are places that "specialize" in poutine and have come up with a lot of crazy concoctions. Most places also offer Italian poutine which is fries, cheese curds (right, the squeaky cheese is cheddar cheese curds, when you chew them, they squeak, ask someone from Wisconsin, they know about this cheese) and spaghetti sauce instead of brown sauce. I've never tried that one.

A topic came up in one of my classes this week (yes, I'm changing the subject) that I thought was interesting. It was this question: Would you rather have your partner think about you while making love with someone else, or have your partner think about someone else while making love with you. I was surprised at the response.

Neither one was acceptable.

I explained that I thought there was nothing wrong with either.

Then, Ha ha, I asked if anyone had done either one of those things. And, of course, everyone had. Laughter ensued.

Also this week in class, I was served this:


It's called "Karinto". It looks remarkably like something you might find here. Tastes like a brown sugar churro. Yummy.

Okay, one last thing. I, tornwordo, have a new word for you. The word defines itself and therefore needs no definition, and an example of which is kind of like this sentence.

Superfluocititiousness

That's eight syllables!

God I'm a geek. Ciao!

15 comments:

Snooze said...

Congratulations on the sleep! I must admit that I was beginning to panic when it reached 8am and I still hadn't seen a new post from you.

St. Dickeybird said...

Hmmm, I think I'd rather have my partner think of me with someone else. I don't like either option, but sex is just sex. I'd rather have her love.

Chunks said...

Congrats on the sleep! Nothing like a good one to make the world seem like a better place.

That Karinto looks like things I have been picking up in my yard for weeks! Appearance is sometimes everything!

r said...

Glad you finally got some sleep friend...

So I'm with your students on this one. If someone wants to sleep with me, he should be thinking about me. If someone wants to sleep with someone else, he should be thinking about that someone else.

Or are we talking about the brief passing thoughts? You know, like "shoot, I meant to call her back!" or "I hope my mother doesn't call right now" ? Those thoughts are okay with me.

And we are talking about partners, right?

I can't really speak to that now, can I?

GayProf said...

The Karinto looks, uh, interesting. I will take your word for it that it tastes yummy.

And we love you because you are geek!

dantallion said...

I'm glad to hear about the sleep thing. Good on ya. As for the Karinto, I'm sorry, but good or not, I'd have a really hard time sticking something in my mouth that looks so much like it belongs in a kitty litter box.

Anonymous said...

Those look just delightful.

Perplexio said...

Wow, that looks like something I'd pick up off the street and show to my friends... "Hey guys, look what I almost stepped in!"

Patricia said...

dang that is nasty looking. i'll take your word for it about the brown sugarness.

Sunshine said...

Yeah, I think the Karinto needs to be ... hmm ... beautified ... somehow if I were to put it in my mouth. Scratch that, make it if I were to touch it. :P

tornwordo said...

Superfluousness exists as the noun form of superfluous. I just like that if you add on many extra suffixes, it stands therefore as an example of it's meaning.

And I really have to use the word otiose now. I had totally forgotten about it. It deserves caresses.

mainja said...

since i just wrote a novel about poutine perhaps i'll leave you alone for tonight...

CoffeeDog said...

That could be an entry in the "Scat or Snack" competition

http://www.modestypanel.com/snackorscat/

Anonymous said...

Ooh, t wins the award for most obnoxious post. Nice one. Did you gag just a tiny bit thinking about it?

Also there is the kitty litter cake that you bake up then put in a (clean) kitty litter pan and serve with a poop scoop. Eduardo had a difficult time eating it. I think he never could make himself do it actually. It is pretty visually convincing.

dawn said...

Did you really just send me to a site called ratemypoo.com? That ain't right.

And I'm new here, so I don't know what "class" this is you speak of, but here in America we don't have Poo on a Platter classes. Those classes are unpatriotic, you know.