Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday update

Boy, this has just not been my week. Four days of insomnia, then a good day, then I wake up Friday morning at 2am vomiting. The 24 hour bug seems to have gone now. (By the way, there is no such thing as a 24 hour flu, the most likely cause of this type of illness is FOOD. Improper storing or preparing of foods causes a whole host of bacteria to grow.) I think I've zeroed in on the Tuna wrap that I had for lunch Thursday. I always get this for lunch on Thursday, and I noted that it was saltier than usual, and I even thought to myself, "I hope this isn't that old chef's trick." The trick is overly salting foods that are "turning". Anywho, I went to work (mistake! mistake!) yesterday morning, I could keep nothing down but 7-up, then I came home at 1:30 and went to the couch. My temp was at 101. Fell asleep at 8:30, and just woke up at 8 this morning. A 24 hour fast is always good for the body, so I guess I'll try to look at the bright side, oh and avoid the place where I bought that wrap.

I watched I heart Huckabees. Did anyone see this film? There's one line in there that I can't get out of my head: "There is not one atom in our bodies that was not forged in the furnace of the sun." I am curious about the veracity of this. If this is true, it is not an esoteric concept that we are all one and the same.

And I had already stumbled onto the universe as blanket idea, this helps you operate from a standpoint of love. (Rent it if you don't get me.)

What else? We have a spectacular weekend forecast, sunny and high sixties for temps. I've got to make some final exams for my classes, do the grocery shopping, vacuum, do an upper body workout (no, maybe I'll give my body another day before I assault it like that). Spouse is going to the burial of his great aunt. I am not obliged to attend.

Peace and good weekend everyone.

9 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

I hated that Huckabees movie! We didn't even finish it.

Snooze said...

Glad you are feeling better again. I'll have to go and rent I heart Huckabees - I'm curious now.

GayProf said...

I am sorry to read you are not well. Be sure to drink plenty of water!

r said...

ooo... enjoyed that movie. so weird.

And Jude Law's character was great. Well, all the characters were great.

Just silly. I like silly sometimes.

Nicki said...

That's why I won't get any mayo-based salads at any deli. Once is enough to turn you away forever.

Jason said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. This spring has been so nice so far, and I'd hate to be stuck indoors.

anabel said...

I saw that movie some time ago and meant to watch it again to see if it made more sense. I liked it. It tickled my brain.

madamerouge said...

Jason Schwartzman has beautiful eyes. I hearted the Huckabees. I'm glad you're not barfing anymore.

Patricia said...

i like that line, too. it makes everything seem so connective. in fact, i pasted the entire line, "There is not one atom in our bodies that was not forged in the furnace of the sun." with the quotes like that, into yahoo.com and the solitary result it gave me made me feel more connected than ever. and i'm still wearing the grin.