* Life is an adventure. Adventure carries risks. Embrace it.
* I just realized we're a half million dollars in debt.
* Apparently, the shooting here was carried out by a man whose fave games were "Postal" and "Columbine Massacre", role playing games where you can "be" the killer in the tragic news events as they really happened. My question is what kind of a person develops and markets such a game? What next? Fly planes into buildings with the new game, 9-11 Hijacker. With the slogan: "Only the devoted reach their targets. Can you?"
* There has been a dearth of photos of late. So I took this one yesterday during my break downtown. God I'm looking old.
* If human beings are borne of nature, then these shooting events are, like it or not, as "natural" as earthquakes and tsunamis. (And killing stingrays.)
* It always feels better to be grateful for what you have than to covet what you don't. Always.
* Every vegan I've ever met strikes me as sickly.
* The first concert I ever attended was "The Little River Band".
* Ever wonder where the expression "the spitting image" came from? Could be nasty don't you think?
* The shooter had a blog. In it, he detailed his desire for mayhem and his love of assault weapons. This begs the question, "Where do the limits of freedom of expression end and the security of the population begin?" Since 9-11, the U.S has been soul searching the same question.
* Oh yeah, Pink Martini is a band and China Forbes is the singer. You can see a nice vid here. Here's a guy (not me!) who lipsyncs one of their songs. The title of yesterday's post comes from that. (Which was like winking at myself since I knew no one would get the reference.)