Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Memesday (clever eh?)

Everyone else did this, so I'll play too.

1.Taken a picture completely naked?
This is a confusing question, does it mean I'm holding the camera while naked or does it mean the camera is aimed at a naked me? I guess I'd have to answer yes to both meanings.

2.Made out with a friend from MySpace/Facebook?
No and how many francophones would understand this question?

3.Danced in front of your mirror naked?
Yes, but only to make myself laugh.

4. Told a lie?
Does it count if you believe the lie yourself?

5.Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back?
Of course, that's one of God's biggest jokes on us.

6. Been arrested?
No. Though I've done plenty of things to warrant it.

7. Made out with someone of the same sex?
God, made out sounds so high school. Even "mack" would be better. And duh, look who I married.

8. Seen someone die?
Not the moment the body died, but all the dying leading up to the death, yes.

9.Slept in until 5 P.M.?
Probably, though I don't recall those hazy druggy days.

10. Had sex at work?
No. Unless with oneself counts.

11. Fallen asleep at work/school?
No, I can only sleep on my stomach lying down.

12. Held a snake?
Yes.

13. Ran a red light?
Yes. Even intentionally once or twice.

14. Been suspended from school?
Yes, for damaging school property. My friend and I decided to whittle away at a wooden support post. Had no idea we would get into trouble.

15. Wrecked your car in an accident?
Yes, and I wrecked my boss' car once too.

16. Pole danced?
No, how tacky.

17. Smoked?
I wish I could say no.

18. Been fired from a job?
Yes, for not recognizing the president of the company (I had never seen him and had only worked two weeks there) and asking him to wait five minutes for a table.

19. Sang karaoke?
Yes. But never by choice. I always had to get the employee Christmas party karaoke going by making a fool of my managerial self.

20. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
Oh sure, but I let myself off the hook easily.

21. Laughed until a drink came out of your nose?
Yes, and it isn't pleasant.

22. Caught a snowflake on your tongue?
Yes, but not until I was well into my 30s.

23. Kissed in the rain?
I don't recall but most likely yes.

24. Sang in the shower?
Yes, I sang you my shower song yesterday.

25. Given your private parts a nickname?
No, but my parents did when I was a kid. Sometimes I still think of it as my doodle.

26. Ever gone out without underwear?
If at all possible, I will skip underwear.

27. Sat on a rooftop?
Yes, many times. The view is much better up there.

28. Broken a bone?
Apparently when I was a baby, but I don't recall it.

29. Mooned/flashed someone?
Out a car window, in high school.

30. Shaved your head?
No, I've got scars up there.

31. Slept naked?
Every night.

32. Played a prank on someone?
Yes, my favorite is the whipped cream in the receiver of a telephone with a hold button. Hey "target", there's a call for you on line 2.

33. Had a gym membership?
Yes, I had a lifetime membership for Bally's but gave it up when I moved up here. It was only $35 a year.

34. Felt like killing someone?
No. Maybe in my youth I wished death on someone, but never felt like actually doing it.

35. Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry?
Yes, and it makes me feel like a monster.

36. Cried over someone you were in love with?
Oh gosh yes. Ugh.

37. Had sex more than 10 times in one day?
No, eight is the max.

38. Had Mexican Jumping Beans for pets?
Yes. I probably still have some somewhere. Dead now of course.

39. Been in a band?
No, except the impromptu ones with family and friends.

40. Subscribed to Maxim?
Ewww.

41. Taken more than 10 shots of alcohol?
I'm sure I've had over 10 drinks a few times. Shots are white-trashy.

42. Shot a gun?
Yes. But never at an animal.

43. Had sex today?
C'mon, I just woke up.

44. Played strip poker?
Yes. It's some kind of rite of passage isn't it?

45. Tripped on mushrooms?
Yes, and every time was fascinating.

46. Donated blood?
Regularly until I was forbidden for life. (As are all practicing homosexual males.)

47. Video-taped yourself having sex?
Yes, and then a few years after, spouse accidentally taped an episode of The Simpsons over it.

48. Eaten alligator meat?
No, but I'm curious.

49. Eaten frog legs?
Yes. Kinda like chicken.

50. Ever jump out of an airplane?
No but it's on my list. I have bungee jumped though.

51. Have you been to more than 10 countries?
Yes.

52. Ever wanted to have sex with a platonic friend?
I don't think so. Once you're a friend, I don't think of you that way.

This thing took too long. I'd like to make a rule. Memes should be limited to 10 items.

22 comments:

Snooze said...

Great list, but it was #10 that made me laugh and laugh.

Anonymous said...

Of course we can't give blood. It is common knowledge that if a straight guy receives blood from a queer he will turn into one. Also, the earth is really flat and the moonwalk was in a studio and not real.
So how about know? Any sex yet? haha. Ed

Anonymous said...

No, the word is now not know! Oh I'm glad I don't teach english. Ed

Patricia said...

Giving up Bally's at $35 a year. Now that's love.

I'm never gonna hear the word "doodle" the same way again. Thanks for that.

Lyvvie said...

I cannot believe you've not wanted to have sex with a platonic friend. I think about sex with everyone but never act on it. But thinking is fine; friend, stranger, animation; whoever.

The question must be re-worded to "Have you ever thought about having sex with a platonic friend?" that way one's fidelity to one's spouse couldn't be questioned because I don't care who you are; if you say you never think about sex with anyone other than your spouse you're fibbing or living under a rock.

Or have I just exposed myself as a total mind perv?

p.s. loved your song yesterday. Aren't you the sweetest?!

don said...

Jeez, that was a meme marathon.
You had sex 8 times in one day??? Wow, what a stud!

RJ March said...

Such disparate questions...where did you get this one from?

Anonymous said...

I loved your response to the Maxim question!

I always say "Holy Doodle!" Now, I think this is hilarious!
-Rox

GayProf said...

Lies that you believe yourself are probably the most dangerous.

That does seem like a taxing meme.

Anonymous said...

I'm hostile about the term white trash these days. It's so fucking elitist.

I'm jealous about #20. Deeply jealous.

And the lie one, yeah, what Gayprof said.

YNAGER '65 said...

"practicing homosexual" cracked me up....practice makes perfect!!!

Butch said...

Congratulations! You jumped the fire heroically. Some of those questions were "highschoolish" and what in the world is Maxim? I'm assuming a magazine.

My word verification: ybsxtv
These are bazaar though sometimes on target, but mostly just funny.

dpaste said...

Going through it I found myself answering "no" to an awful lot of them. This was clearly written for a heterosexual male.

Anonymous said...

You know I just so totally stole this, right...?

Cooper said...

Memesday was inspired!

You've never even imagined sex with a platonic friend? I'm like lyvvie ... a total mind perv.

Just waking up doesn't preclude sex, you know. :)

Paul said...

Torn, I'd say that yesterday's post counts as karaoke. Surely you chose to sing to us, knowing we'd enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I thought we agreed that it's "declasse", not "tacky"!

Anonymous said...

You mean the Simpsons episode lasted longer than the sex??!! Egads! It amazes me how many like to go out without their underwear. Knowing how much you hate snow, I thought you were going to say no. Although it's an easy way to make it disappear.

lattégirl said...

That meme was totally written by a younger person. Some of the questions are very high-school.

travelling, but not in love said...

OK, so I'm up to 39 yes and 11 no.

I'm pleased that neither of us has ever pole-danced.

travelling, but not in love said...

And I've just read your 'road to montreal' series from 2005 - wow. wow.

Such a great story, so awful and yet so great to have lived through. It really is love through the barricades!

Mark in DE said...

Some interesting answers that probably have equally interesting stories behind them. Blog fodder?

Mark :-)