Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More blather

A lot of times, especially during the week, I start writing the blog post on the previous day. When I open wordpad to type something, as I have just now, I always switch the font size and type to 12 and Times New Roman. I don't know why. If I forget to change it, it (the 10 point Arial font) will bug me as I'm writing and I will inevitably stop and switch everything over to what I need. Need being relative of course. It's a quirk of mine I guess. Spouse is sitting next to me. He stayed home from work and is in a funk. Can't say why, there doesn't seem to be an ostensible reason, it's just that when you're in that place, the hole, the pits, everywhere you look in your life brings you sighs and disenchantment. You know, you've been there. This is mostly about his working life I believe and there's not much I can do except let him sort it out. And anyway, he's not an easy nut to crack. I keep dangling the vacation carrot to try to brighten his spirits, but he's still moaning, "It's a WHOLE month away." I'm freshly on team "ONLY one month away" so you can see how we're not meshing quite right.

I saw tulips yesterday. Live ones coming out of the ground. Is it me or do the red ones always come up first? Then it started raining. I finally get to use the raingauge that I got for Christmas and it sends the results to the little display inside the kitchen. We've had 1.18 inches of rain since yesterday at noon. I love checking that thing. Hey look another quirk. This should just be a meme and get it over with. Oh did I mention that snow is in our forecast? Tonight and tomorrow. It won't stick a lick, but mother nature certainly seems to be sticking her tongue out at us.

Oh my but this is a lame post. Oh well, can't do it everyday and always be good. And look at the news, there's nothing. Obamary Cain. Food shortage oil prices recession. I've been yawning through the newspaper for the past week it's so dull and repetetive. Hey, I just remembered there's peanut butter pie in the fridge. One sec, I need to go get some.

Do you know the sound Homer Simpson makes when he's thinking of donuts? Kind of like gargling saliva? That's what this pie makes me do. It took me two and a half weeks, but I've gained back 5 of the ten pounds I accidentally lost when I was sick. It's hard work I tell you. But oh such an enjoyable task. I guess I've nothing more so Happy Tuesday or maybe I should say Happy International Dance Day.

14 comments:

Snooze said...

I hope that today helps Spouse's spirits.

Anonymous said...

Doh! Homemade Pie! Oh No it's peanut butter! Now I'm going to die! don't have a cow dude.
It is supposed to frost here tonight and all of the lilacs and dogwoods will get nipped. The Wisteria is also in full bloom. Weatherman says to cover your plants but my Wisteria is 12 feet high and 20 feet wide. It is covered with blooms. Last year it got frozen before the buds opened. Doh! Homer Simpson is happy so why shouldn't we be? Ed

Birdie said...

You probably don't want to hear about the weather here in Florida, but how often do I get to gloat? Indiana can boast only about tornadoes. It's early morning and birds are in the trees in my best friend's backyard; it's in the 70s already and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day by the pool. *Sigh* I get three more days of this before I must return to Real Life.

Dance for your sweetie and see if that makes him smile. Happy International Dance day!

Patricia said...

I'm a creature of habit with fonts, too. But I actually do everything to avoid TNR. Can't stand it. Why I have such strong feelings against a font, I'll never know.

You've shown great restraint for having made that pie three days ago and it's only half gone!

Make Serge a calendar that he can cross off every day, with a small task attached to every square that he has to do before the trip. Buy sun tan lotion, gather swim trunks, whatever. Maybe that'll get him through. Granted it's work for you but it might be fun. Okay, Patricia's Craft Corner is now closed.

Greg said...

OMG, how could a post possibly be lame that includes Peanut Butter pie!?!? I'm just impressed you were able to hold off eating it long enough to take a picture...then again, there's clearly more than one piece missing already.

God, I HATE Ariel (the font, the mermaid was...okay). Bookman Antiqua or Georgia are my favorites, but TNR works if the choices are limited.

I need to get me a rain gauge. Hope yours doesn't freeze!

Cooper said...

I always switch the font size to 12, too.

Peanutbutter pie! I'm hungry now. Could you please post the recipe?!

Happy Dance Day, eh. I'll have to celebrate that one.

Butch said...

"I've gained back 5 of the ten pounds I accidentally lost when I was sick. It's hard work I tell you. But oh such an enjoyable task."===============================================================
Harumph!! and I say it again, "Harumph!!" All I have to do to gain weight is just look at food. Or, I might as well skip eating it and just paste it to my midsection, 'cause that's where it's going. Just cut off the middleman from this procedure. ;-)

( Are you serving up the rest of that pie for your "Commenting Visitors?" ;)

Anonymous said...

Where did my comment go? I got a Timed Out message. Hm. I can't remember what I said but I'm sure it was clever. That pie looks yum-o!
-Rox

GayProf said...

Isn't there a way to set your meta-preferences/defaults for your wordprocessor so it automatically starts with your desired font and size?

My preferred font was American Typewriter in WordPerfect. It really did look like a cleanly typed paged when it printed -- only without those little gobs of White-Out all over it.

A Bear in the Woods said...

I love love love peanut butter pecan pie.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Butch -I know you needed to regain the illness-induced lost pounds, but spare a thought for those of us who gain weight just by thinking about food! See, just typing this up I've gained a gazillion pouds :)
Give Serge a hug from me; the "work-blahs" suck!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently enjoying a starvation diet and you have no idea what kind of sick m-f'er you are to sit here and taunt me with that photo. You bastard. I shall hate you until the end of International Dance Day.

Poor spouse. Tell him that a happy retarded boy who does not speak French but took two years of Espanol wishes him a quick trip out of the rut. That will make him happy again because retarded people are known for being spreaders of cheer, sunshine and good-will!

Anonymous said...

I know how Serge feels, I go through it less now than in past years but still, some jobs just make you crazy.

I am encouraged though, I found out today the last remaining member of the I.T. staff I was on eight months ago has finally given her notice.

I'm waiting to see the I.T. unit crash and burn because now they have NOBODY that knows Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. And their most critical databases and apps live on that LAMP platform.

Anonymous said...

I hope that the day turned out better for both of you and that you'll have tons to report for Hump Day, tomorrow.