* The Canadian dollar is worth more than the U.S. dollar these days. But retail prices are still 20% higher than prices in the U.S. They call this the "yawn" - the lag in time to adjust prices to changing currency values. For instance, a meal at McDonalds is around $6.75 here. Or $7 U.S.
* Scary news. A new superbug that causes ear infections has appeared that is resistant to all known antibiotics. It renders its victims deaf.
* Scientists have discovered a field where plants "talk" to each other. If a caterpillar starts eating the leaf of one plant, a signal is transmitted to all the other plants in the field which causes them to chemically alter the "taste" of their leaves so that they are distasteful to caterpillars.
* I've noticed a spike in my clairvoyance lately. I'll think about a person and then I'll run into them a minute later. Or I'll see the word my opponent plays before he/she plays it in Scrabble. Now if I can just tune this thing for the lottery.
* I read an interesting article on the differences between Canadians and Americans. It turns out that there really aren't any. It was interesting to note that North Americans as a whole believe that they are intrinsically good but do not hold that view for foreigners.
* I still don't have a portable digital music device. If I get one, I'll have many hours/days of labor getting my CDs ripped and transferred. So I probably won't get one.
* I won't drink Dasani or Aquafina. Coke and Pepsi make enough money.