Friday, September 05, 2008

Memory box #1

Before I took zillions of pictures with my digital camera, I used to take pictures the old way and get them developed. I'm so glad too, I think I need these photos to remind me of my own memories. For example, I look at many of the old pictures and can't recall ever owning this or that piece of clothing. This is in contrast to Laverne who can tell me what she was wearing when we went to some movie twenty five years ago. (Who is the sick one?)

So this is circa '94 atop Mount Royal during my first visit to Montreal. It was somewhere in February. It was at the end of this visit that Serge was blocked from entering the US and I had to go home cryin on the plane. You can read that whole "road to" story on the sidebar. I think we were trying to pose artistically or something. It strikes me as very Sears now. Our friend Dan took the shot.

Oh and I figured when I'm out of things to say, (a temporary state I'm certain) I'd just reach into the old photo box and post some memory. So this is the first installment of that.

20 comments:

Lemuel said...

"Sear" or not, it is a nice shot of you two.

Greg said...

It's not Sears at all...I think it's like your late-20th Century album cover shot. Very cool.

CoffeeDog said...

Very cool pic. Gosh you guys were young! (so was I in 94)

Anonymous said...

You guys were on top of the world in the photo with so much ahead of you. I think the picture in Black and White makes it very artisitic. Can you buy a digital camera that takes B&W? ed

My adventures said...

You guys look like two spies who are about to eliminate some "target". And, what a great idea for posting. I would like to try that but have the readers try to identify what was going on in the pic and then tell the story... of course, I'm stoned and on painkillers so that may not be as funny an idea as I think it is right now. Ha!

Polt said...

I think you guys look kinda like U2 from the Joshua Tree album...minus two of them members though. :)

HUGS...

RJ March said...

nice pic, nicer memory

lattégirl said...

You both look pensive. This is a really nice picture.

PS I just got blog-spammed by that Patrick dude.

Rox said...

I'm with Polt, it looks like an album cover! I love it!

I just bought some more photo boxes because like you, I used to take lots of pictures that you had to develop. My kids have gone through them countless times and they are a mess. Time to re-organize!

GayProf said...

I miss film.

dpaste said...

Ah, what radiant youths you were!

Um, I mean are. Still. Even now. I'll stop talking.

Phronk said...

I still remember my clothing from 1994, because I'm still wearing it.

Yay flannel shirts.

Anonymous said...

Serge was just a baby!

Butch said...

I like the picture as well. How young you both still look.

Mark in DE said...

Its a great photo. A little 'Sears', but still nice. And Serge looks so young!

Mark :-)

Doug said...

I really like that photo. It looks like something out of a movie. Bleak and dark and foreboding.

Such a sad memory it invoked.

David said...

Serge looks cool, while you look like Luke Skywalker seeing the Millennium Falcon for the first time.

dit said...

Very nice photo. Yes, I agree, thank goodness for photos.

tankmontreal said...

Memory-box posting is a great idea. #1 here provoked me to read your "Road to Montreal" series once and for all. A powerful and touching tale. I'm sorta numbed by it. Long and happy to both of you.

Java said...

Well I like it! It's a better shot of Serge, of course, than of you. I can't see much of your face. Serge looks so extremely young. He's handsome in this shot, but I think he looks better now. His face has more character now, is more masculine and mature.