With one week down and the rest of my life to go, I've observed the following changes as a non-smoker:
1. I have zero coughing. (this contrasts greatly with incessant coughing)
2. Even if they aren't smoking I can now smell a smoker in the bus, metro, elevator, or even just passing on the street. Like little smoke saturated incense bodies walking around. Ick.
3. Who knew food smelled and tasted so good?
4. Strange, but I feel less angsty when the patch is affixed to the left side of my body.
5. Smoking in restaurants is gross.
6. I've seen more movies in the theatre this week than I have in the last 3 years combined.
7. I ran all the way up the stairs out of the subway yesterday and was barely breathing hard. I couldn't do this a week ago. I would have had to stop before reaching the top.
8. Weight is being gained. (May or may not be related to number three)
9. While food is smelling so much better, other less desirable smells have also become stronger. I've gagged a couple times this week from (I'll let you imagine the kind of) odors.
10. I alternately lust after and find disgust with cigarettes. The body lusts, the mind finds disgust. Sigh.