Friday, March 31, 2006
More Friday snippets
- I took this picture Wednesday at 4pm. Next year, there will be towers of condos here. (At the empty lot at Thiemens and Cavendish for those of you who live here.)
- The more benefits your company offers, the harder you can be expected to work. (I teach at a company where the employees are treated to two massages per month at work. Sounds nice, eh? They are the most stressed out students I have.)
- The real trick to making a nuclear bomb is very similar to designing a can of beer that won't explode in the freezer. (I betcha didn't know that!)
- Since the mind stores dream memories in exactly the same way as "real" ones, how do we know our memories are "real"?
- If there were a food that smelled like diesel exhaust, I would eat it. I don't know why, but I adore that smell.
- I think if the word "them" didn't exist in our language (only "us"), we would view the world very differently.
- One of the things I appreciate most about new cars these days is the little symbol indicating which side the gas cap is on.
-I don't feel safe when bus drivers blab on their cellphone but I don't have the balls to confront them when they do it. I'm certain it's against regulations.
- I don't pay much attention to lyrics and (perhaps consequently) I listen to lots of music in different languages. Screw the poetry, I'm looking for genius in melody, rhythm and chord progression.