Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lazy weekend

So far it's a lazy weekend. The weather is just perfect, sunny and dry and upper 70's. I spent a good part of the day yesterday trying to finish Angels and Demons out on the patio. (This book is much better than The DaVinci Code.) I'm not the kind of person who reads more than one book at a time, so I'm hurrying so I can crack open Harry Potter. (The book, people, the book.)

Dinner was delightful on the patio last night. (Pork roast with maple syrup and carmelized onions and a side of artichoke.) Serge and I gabbed and bickered in our usual way, and enjoyed the setting sun. Then we retired to the living room to take in Fast Food Nation. It's going to be difficult eating hamburgers again after watching that. There really is shit in the burgers.

I've got little else to say. Today, I plan to make a tour of the botanical gardens so I should have a couple good pics tomorrow. Enjoy this lovely day all!

14 comments:

Snooze said...

I've never prepared a whole artichoke. They look so impressive.

Anonymous said...

I'm with snooze, I've never had an artichoke. I think it is the choke part that scares me. lol.
I'm sure the Botanical Gardens are lovely this time of year.

bob said...

Only one book at a time? My ADD book club requires at least three.

bardelf said...

Delicious looing dinner! Artichokes are such bizarre plants, but taste great.

Enjoy the gardens today.

dirk.mancuso said...

I can only read one book at a time, too.

The meal looks wonderful. Is that a martini...?

I haven't eat red meat in years and after seeing FAST FOOD NATION my resolve is stronger than ever.

A Lewis said...

Dinner looks yummy! It reminds me of our two-person dinners on the patio here.....always special for us. I've only read a page or two out of Fast Food Nation...and have not seen the movie. But I've already sworn off of most meat....whew.

Enemy of the Republic said...

Raining and 70s today, yesterday high 90s and blinding sun. Global warming is so unpredictable.

Enjoy your day!

Chunks said...

I'm a one-book-at-a-time girl too. Lately, I'm a read-half-a-book-and-give-up girl. meh.

Dinner looks lovely! The presentation is divine! I love a good gab and bicker.

Doug said...

I haven't seen Fast Food Nation, but I should. I'm too active about my own health to not see it. Of course, I'm difficult enough about eating out as it is...I can only imagine what I'll be like after that movie.

Kevin said...

Question: what kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

Sh@ney said...

My all time faveourite book is the Davinci Code so i am going to have to read Angel & Demons now if you say it is better...*winks*
Enjoy your tour of the gardens...xoxox

A Bear in the Woods said...

You mean DaVinci was WORSE than Angels and Demons?
Eek...

Most fast food horrifying.

madamerouge said...

I read Fast Food Nation and was horrified.

The weather was perfect here this weekend, too. Absolutely perfect.

Patricia said...

i don't have the patience to eat artichokes whole but i love buying them already cleaned up and frozen. i put them in everything. roast pork is my fave.