* We want to add a dinner to our repertoire that centers on Tofu. The only non-meat/chicken/pork/fish dinner we make is soup. We'll be needing a super easy yet highly delicious recipe to get our toes wet.
* I was so clipped during The Goblet of Fire when one of the foreign kids mispronounced Hermione's name. "It's Her-my-own-ee, not Her-mee-own," she corrected. It had always been Her-mee-own in my head until that point. In the movies, it sounds to me like Her-my-knee, but I figured that was a British pronunciation.
* Yesterday, Lyvvie talked freely about Dumbledore's upcoming death in the 6th book. Dangit! I'm not done with the 5th book.
* The cruise director of the ship we're sailing next year has a blog. I discovered this yesterday. Every post is a teaser. After a couple months, the blog has skyrocketed in popularity.
* Chicken nuggets always make me think of rabbit pellets. Sometimes it reminds me of Rebekah's long ago dog "Nugget".
* Why has "avoiding conflict" become a negative trait. "Pacifist!" Somehow, the far right, who so successfully made "liberal" a nasty word, has now made pacifist (literally someone seeking peace) a bad word too. I don't know, if we were all a bit more pacifist than antagonist, the world might simmer down.
* The word "rump" has always tickled me. Started as a kid when we would snicker about "rump roast". The other day, my student detailed a fall he had had, "I fell down on my rump." So much funnier than butt.
* Purchases we are delaying to take a cruise: automobile, flat-screen tv, laptop, summer road-trip.
* Our orchid bloomed!