Tuesday, May 13, 2008

12 of 12

First thing I saw in the morning was the beautiful Sara sleeping on her bed. I spent a little time on the computer, then got ready and headed out.

Off to the nearby metro station to head downtown.

I had a little extra time, so I popped in to see if they had some sneakers on sale at the shoe store in the downtown metro station. I got these for $25.

I passed by the church with all the tulips. This is the bottom half of the picture.

And this is the top of the picture.

I still had a little time to spare when I got to the job site so I did some sudoku in the park.

Then I went into the glass and steel building. But we didn't stay long as it's our last class. So we headed over to Chinatown again for lunch.

On the way there we passed the grove of crabapple trees (Montreal's official tree) that are in full bloom as you can see.

Chinatown really is like going into a different country. Here we see some roast ducklings. We all stopped and gasped at the eyes and beaks still intact.

Tails still on the pig too.

After class I came home to discover serge sunning on the deck. He worked from home yesterday and was taking a break here.

Then I headed out to teach an evening class, but not before I whipped up a banana nut bread. After class, I came home and treated myself to a slice. Yum.

To see other participants of this month's 12 of 12, click here.

16 comments:

lattégirl said...

A Day in the Life photo essay: very nice!

Snooze said...

OH yum! Now I'm craving banana bread.

Anonymous said...

Sara looks so peaceful. Serge looks peaceful too. Torn looks cool and hot at the same time. Ed

Lemuel said...

I love how the "commonplace" can be so special. You have a good eye, Torn!

CoffeeDog said...

Aw, sweet little Sara. Bless her heart.

Birdie said...

Both of your sweeties sleeping; how peaceful. I love these photo essays. While it seems mundane, it's a peek into your everyday life that I really enjoy.

Patricia said...

I simply love tagging along with you on your day.

But the Chinese for lunch doesn't translate as well.

RJ March said...

Lovely post.

GayProf said...

I am so with Serge these days. Whenever I need a break from NERPD, I through myself out onto my deck for some much needed sun.

Rox said...

I'm with Patricia, the Chinese freak me out with their beaks and claws thing. Blech!

I'm still waiting for tulips!
-Rox

dpaste said...

"It's OK Lisa, I'm sure that rabbit's just resting. With it's skin off."

Butch said...

It was nice to tag along with you on your day trip through the city. It looks like you are well into Spring and I couldn't think of a more fitting ending than seeing the banana nut bread. I could almost smell it from here!

Greg said...

Nice twelve, Torn! And now I'm totally salivating at the thought of warm banana nut bread making the butter all melty...

Java said...

Sudoku in the park. Sounds like a song title. So what will you be doing this summer?

Dogeared said...

I'd quite like to visit Montreal - having read all of Kathy Reichs' books, it'd be nice to put places to the things I've read about! So thanks for the little insight into the city - and you have a cute dog :D

(I'd love a deck on which to relax and catch some sun!)

Helen (Dogeared, 12 of 12er)

A Bear in the Woods said...

Dogs sleep the sleep of the pure in heart. All dogs, even the psycho ones, of which there are a few, have singleness of intent, and no regrets about their life.