Sunday, May 11, 2008

Overhung

Lobsters are on sale all over town this weekend. These were $6.77 a pound, live or precooked. I am a total sissy when it comes to the live ones, so I was glad when our out of town friends opted for the precooked. (They assured us that they had just cooked the live ones that day.) Then they had rib-eye steak on sale too, so we had lobsters for an appetizer, and steak with garlic mashed for the main course. I have a headache too this morning from the various libations we indulged in. (Saturdays are for libations.) The steaks were awesome. I watched as the boys put garlic, lemon juice, basil and soy sauce on the steaks and let them sit for a while like that before they went on the barbeque. I'm writing it here so I won't forget because they were DELISH.

As I look at the photos from last night, I think, "we certainly are in our cups".

After the boys left, I called back mommy, and since I've brought her up, Happy Mother's Day. I think my words might have been a little slurry. I'm sure they were when I called back em. I'm grateful now that at least I didn't drunk blog. At this moment, I need aspirin. It's gonna be a long day if I don't 86 this headache.

14 comments:

lattégirl said...

At long last I get to be FIRST! (Silly distinction for some of us, I know...)

Sounds like a fab dinner and I will jot down the marinade for future reference.

I see extra-strength Tylenol in your immediate future.

Anonymous said...

Surf and Turf is a popular meal but a lot of food. It looks like Serge really enjoyed himself.
I have a headache this morning too. I think it is from this crazy weather. 70's during the day and 40's at night. Happy Mother's Day all you mothers out there, and you know who you are. Ed

Snooze said...

I love the look on Serge's face.

Greg said...

What a good weekend...good friends, surf n turf, and a jar of freesia on your table! Hope the aspirin works and that you have only quiet things planned for the day!

CoffeeDog said...

After a night of heavy libations, you need to take aspirin and drink lots of water before you go to bed. That is my remedy to fend off a hangover. Have you had coffee yet? Coffee helps a headache.

GayProf said...

I love basil.

My head is also a little achy this morning too.

Butch said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all, as is said of these occasions. The dinner and preparations sounded delicious.

Hydrate ( with water ) ;-) ...and a few more hours of sleep may help with your headache.

My word verification: hoouxp
( sounds like the sound of one having too much to drink? ) ;-/

Anonymous said...

Dude. I didn't know you were drunk. And you were so nice to me too.

travelling, but not in love said...

dinner sounds great.

The way to my heart is through a plate of Garlic Mash. Although I don't know why I'd give away such intimate details online....

Happy hangover. hope it goes soon.

Sunshine said...

Oh man, those lobsters looked delicious. Not fair. >:I

A Bear in the Woods said...

Happy Mothers day!
(Insert whistles and cheers in the background)

Patrick said...

Drunk people have no business looking that cute. It's not fair.

Mark in DE said...

"we certainly are in our cups"

Is that a French or Canadian expression? I'm not familiar with it.

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Torn, I referenced your steak marinade for over the weekend and have enjoyed my prime rib steaks marinated and BBQ'd twice! Delicious. I have used parts soy sauce and worstershire sauce as a marinade but would never have thought of lemon juice. Thank you for sharing it - it will become my staple. In truth, I have yet to add the basil in the mix as I don't have it in my cupboard. Will change that next grocery run...