Monday, May 12, 2008

This n that

Here I am in the dungeon doing my routine. It was hard to feel hungover and do it, but I badgered myself into it, as hungover is no excuse to skip out on responsibilities. I love the ipod too because before I got it, I listened to tinny music from a portable radio. Now I dance between sets because I've got the music blasting in my ears. The ipod is a wonderful thing, I didn't really want it for the music playing capabilities, but now I just adore it for that. Every song that comes on I think, "Hey, I LOVE that song." Then I laugh at myself, since of course I love that song, that's why I put it in there. In case you're wondering, that's 185 I'm squatting there. It looks like the bar is bending too, doesn't it? I think that's a trick of the lens as I've never noticed it bending before.

We joined up with our out of town visitors for a drink in the afternoon. This is the first time I've gone to a bar in the gay village since the last time we had nice weather. Must have been October. It was pretty crowded up on the rooftop patio of the Sky, but we found a table over by the restrooms. What was nice about that is that you eventually see every single person there, since eventually each one will take the walk to and from the toilets. Each person has their own way of promenading down this particular catwalk. Chests up, to strut or not to strut (many seemed conflicted about this) sashay, and one little twinky even skipped to the bathrooms. We decided it was a great spot for people watching.

Oh and one last thing. Parvati?! For such a great show this season, THAT was a letdown.

21 comments:

Snooze said...

This is why you are in such great shape - you don't miss work-outs.

lattégirl said...

little twinky skipping to the bathroom...

Nothing like sunshine to lift peoples' moods! Of course, you know that as soon as the temperature hits, like, I dunno, anything about 50C, the terraces go mad in Montreal. It's so amusing to see each year, all those sun-starved people...

Happy Monday!

(I'm first again! Newly regained sobriety and up with the sun, like you!)

lattégirl said...

Damn. I wasn't first after all. Snooze snuck in with a shorter comment while I was running off at the keyboard.

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Dungeon conjures up visions of whips and stockades and bondage devices. my motto: No pain, hey, no pain! Ed word verification: mopthefj

My adventures said...

It's nice to know you work out and it's not your metabolism. I was wondering how you ate all the stuff you talk about and photograph and never gain weight... another mystery solved, I can call of Nancy Drew!

My adventures said...

call off... oops...

Lemuel said...

Good show on the squats! Used to do them. *sigh* No longer. (My spinal discs are herniated.)

I do think the bar is bending, not a trick of the lens. I know the bar I used did. The weights would even "bounce".

But, Torn, where is your spotter?!!!!! Practice safe sex, um, I mean, weightlifting!!

Fatinah said...

couldn't agree more about Parv. What a let down. Meanwhile, at least yummy James walked away with some dough.

Butch said...

I either lost or gave my weights away at some turn along my journey in life. ( one of the great moves, I would imagine. We're always leaving something behind. )

Being a recluse, I go out with my other half once in a blue moon. I've found that I haven't missed anything since the last time. ;-)
Here in Washington state, we have a "no-smoking" law in place in all restaurants, bars, public buildings, etc. Since I quit in 1970, I appreciate the cleaner air. ( nothing like a reformed smoker, eh? ) I don't know why it is but gays and lesbians seem to smoke more in bar situations and if the air-cleaning system doesn't keep up with it, one can go home smelling like the bar whether one smokes or not. In any event, hitting the bars nowdays has a completely different meaning for me. It is now for meeting up with friends and people watching is fine. ( I may be married but I'm not blind. ) ;-)

GayProf said...

Wow -- That is dungeony.

I am not sure that I could work out without my ipod anymore. Many days I live in fear that it will finally give out.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a letdown, it was a kick in the baby maker! Frigging Whorevarti!

I couldn't even go down in the dungeon,never mind work out in it! (Mind you, I couldn't work out in the best locale. I'm lazy.)

And the iPod love? Put it on shuffle. It will warm your cockles!
-Rox

Adam said...

It's so great that you have room for real gym equipment in your home, so much better than those bowflex thingies. I don't do squats, I'm too scared I'l snap in half.

travelling, but not in love said...

I like a man with his own dungeon ;-)

Phronk said...

Amanda really sucks at answering questions in the final jury (both times), so I figured it would be Parvarti. Would've liked to have seen Ceri get in the final though, if not James or Ozzy.

Summer said...

I agree, Parvati? I really wanted James to win and was disappointed when he had to leave. He was oh so nice to look at.

Mark in DE said...

Mmmm, seeing this photo of you in your extreme manliness renewed my cyber-crush on you!

Mark :-)

anabel said...

Great job keeping up with the routine. It's so easy to make excuses and slack off.

Anonymous said...

telling us you were working out in the dungeon made me want more photos! But, I can now see why you're such a pretty figure to see images of; an inspiration for me to get into the dungym.

dpaste said...

Yes, the bar does indeed bend. Even with the puny 160 I squat.

Anonymous said...

this was a great season, finally the women banded together, something sooooo impossible in our society. We all watched the show avidly(ice cream boy, what a character!) whoever of the evil three won didn't really matter.
Loved the ozzie/amanda hookup
xx
donna

zooplah said...

I've tried squats (without weights) and they build up muscles, but do some really nasty things to your knees.