Saturday, May 10, 2008

Class pics

I finished up 4 classes this week. I say finished, but now I have to correct the final exams and prepare detailed evaluations for each student. This is a group I've had for a few years and we get along swimmingly. We talk about simply EVERYTHING in this class.

This was a new class this session. We're missing the red-headed Romanian with her piercing laugh, but we enjoyed dim-sum for our last class lunch out yesterday. Guy, the guy on the left, might not have enjoyed it so much. He's young and can't eat anything from the sea. It seemed that all the pork dumplings, won tons and pot-stickers, even though they were "pork" contained a shrimp. Now you and I, we don't even realize there's a shrimp in the pork dumpling, but poor Guy, he kept discovering them after he took a bite. Then he refused to eat anything until he took apart the item completely to verify the absence of seafood. Even the fried rice had shrimp in it. I don't think he'll be coming back to this place.

Oh and for newbies, I teach English to adults at their workplace. It's a great job if you can get it.

20 comments:

Snooze said...

What great photos and great relationships you have with your students. Nice to see. I am like Guy but int he reverse - I find it so hard to avoid pork at dim sum.

CoffeeDog said...

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I don't have food allergies! That would suck.

Polt said...

I just like Guy...he's cute. ;)

HUGS....

Summer said...

Looks like a good time. More tulips yesterday, loved them. :)

Anonymous said...

He is a cute Guy. I was not breast fed, so now I know who to blame for all my food allergies. I too am allergic to Seafood, Peanuts, Chocolate and some spices. Ed

My adventures said...

Is it thru the TEFL program? I keep seeing ads for that and it looks interesting.

Birdie said...

I am envious that you get to see your students again. In public schools, teachers get one academic year; and then we wonder what happened to them after that. Once in a while a former student visits. Those are moments to cherish.

You look like you have great rapport with your students. But that's no surprise to me.

(Hey, after all this time I've finally started a blog. Come visit.)

Greg said...

I'm so happy not to have food allergies. Poor Guy...you can see all the food torn apart on his plate.

Do your classes stop for the summer season, like in grade school, or is it a continuous thing (from which you'll have a break in only 19 days!)?

Is that cute fellow in the back of the first pic part of the class, or did he just drop in for the photo?

Patricia said...

I've been craving potstickers for ages. Must. make. some. soon.

lattégirl said...

Mmmmmm... dim sum. I miss that. We have one Chinese restaurant here in Cow Town, but I'm told it's standard (crappy, cheap) food. We also have a highly reputed Thai restaurant; I wonder if they serve dim sum? Must inquire. Great photos - so nice that you and your students have a good social relationship.

Ed: Allergic to CHOCOLATE?! Poor you!

J-o-h-n-n-y said...

Wow, Dim-Sum...I like!
:)

Anonymous said...

Nineteen sleeps until vacation, right?
-Rox

Anonymous said...

I'm with Guy; I'd totally notice the shrimps.

But I'm not allergic, just picky.

Don't take me to that restuarant ever, okay?

GayProf said...

I don't like any type of seafood or fish either. In the winter I went out with some friends to a restaurant in Decaying Midwestern Center that was 100% seafood. There was literally nothing on the menu that didn't have fish. It was a bit annoying.

Java said...

I live under a rock. I've never had dim-sum.

Looks like fun. Good luck with the grading and evaluations.

Sunshine said...

Polt - Rick is WAY cuter than Guy. :P

dpaste said...

I wasn't breast fed and I have no allergies, food or otherwise.

Is Guy's being young somehow related to his inability (or reluctance) to eat seafood, or was that just an unrelated descriptive?

Mark in DE said...

I believe I would have had a difficult time concentrating if one of my students was the guy with the shades behind you in the 1st photo.

Mark :-)

Tony Adams said...

C, like Guy won't eat anything from the ocean. He also won't eat anything from a lake or river. No fish at all. I think it's stupid, but hey, they're his tastebuds. I sometime wonder what would happen if we found ourselves on a desert island, how hungry he would have to get before....