Friday, May 09, 2008

Snippets

* I've had about twenty nuggets I wanted to share with you bouncing around my head, and now that I've sat down to write them, I can't remember any. I need to get back to jotting them down, but I've been so darn busy (like always at the end of the school session) it's just not been a priority.

* That said, I still find time to scramble every day. Scramble is a facebook application that is essentially the game of Boggle. I'm pretty good at this game but only because I went through a boggle phase a few years back when another site called it Tangleword.

* I bought some dirt. The package of dirt says not to put it in the sun. I don't understand. Don't you put dirt in the sun?

* I can't believe I'm buying earth and water. What's next, air and sun?

* I bought 500 euros to have when we go on the trip. Cost me 800 bucks. Serge mocked me since it's so easy to use ATM's. But I have already learned that lesson. When I went to Hong Kong with no money, I had memorized my pin for my atm card by the shape it made on the keyboard. But in Hong Kong, the numbers were all listed in a reverse way, so I didn't know my pin anymore. Even though now I memorize my pin by the numbers, I still want to be safe rather than sorry.

* Everyone else down south posted their spring flower pictures starting months ago. Forgive me my fervor, but it's new for us up here!

* Up here the bus pass is non-transferable (though this rule is essentially non-enforceable) except for spouses. You are allowed to share between couples.

* Ugh, so many of these start with "I". I'm such a pompous windbag sometimes.

* Only 20 days til vaykay. 20 sleeps. 20 daydreaming days of spring. Have a good weekend everyone.

20 comments:

Rick Bettencourt said...

Thanks for the little snippets and pics of the tulips. How'd you know they're my favorite flower?

Snooze said...

Those pics are stunning. I can't believe you used to know your ATM card only by pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures of the tulips since ours are all gone now. I think the time is coming soon when Euro dollars will be used and accepted everywhere. Have a great weekend yourselves. Ed

Lemuel said...

What is really nice about your blooming season being a bit delayed is that by your posting we get to enjoy them longer.

dpaste said...

Like an iceberg, most of the dirt in a garden or planter is below the surface. Plants growing in the dirt also shade it from sun and cover most of the surface area. That's why you mulch gardens. Exposure to sun dries soil out, making it arid.

mainja said...

"I'm pretty good at this game"

*ahem*

If by 'pretty good' you mean unfuckingbelievably amazing, then yes, yes, you're pretty good...

Patricia said...

I'm addicted to Yahoo's Bookworm, also similar to Boggle.

Twenty sleeps til Paris. I'm over the moon for you!!

Doug said...

I love all the color! You can post it any time you like.

RJ March said...

I agree with you. I also start most of my paragraphs with "I." I think it is because I think what I have to say is of the utmost importance. I also think I am interesting. I liked the pics. I have been wanting to take pics of the wildflowers beyond our fence, but I always forget my camera.

I'm sorry-- what were you saying?

Anonymous said...

Yeah don't forget to mention you Scrabulous skills too, mofo! My facebook stats are horrid, thanks in part to you. (Notice how my ineptitude doesn't even come into play?)

Tulip pictures are MORE than welcome, especially for those of us still waiting to see one this season!
-Rox

GayProf said...

How would they know who owns the bus pass? Do they print your name on it?

I feel the same way about buying dirt. The sad truth, though, is that it really is better than the dirt in the garden.

Butch said...

I can't get over how beautiful your tulip pictures are. Really quite beautiful! Thanks!

(word verification-rxpholc-could it mean prescription - oholic?);)
I'm reading too much into these nonsensical words.

Gary said...

20 more sleeps. You must have experience with kids. As a fellow educator I am wondering, what do you teach?

Greg said...

Actually, it looks like your tulip time and ours are nearly identical...but you've got some amazing displays up there, haven't you!

It's your blog, I think you're entitled to a fair assortment of "I's" if you like. (You *might* be a little pompous about Scramble, though...is there a link?)

Only twenty days? Are you packed yet? ; ) Enjoy the anticipation...and give Sarah a hug from her internet fans, eh?

Mark in DE said...

For sure, I am no gardener, but my guess it they mean not to let the dirt sit in the sun INSIDE THE BAG.

The tulip photos are wonderful - no apologies necessary for posting them. Rather, our thaks to you for their beauty on our screens.

I'm envious of your trip!

Mark :-)

Birdie said...

What glorious color! You can post all the flower pics you want.

I am a walking phonebook except for two phone numbers that are confusingly similar. I call them by the pattern I've memorized on the keypad for each person. If I had to call them on an inverted pad, I'd be a dead duck.

lattégirl said...

It looks like I'll have to go over to city hall this weekend and see if they've got tulips there. Wouldn't it be nice if they lasted longer?

Java said...

Congratulations on finally seeing some spring.

First time I bought dirt I was so ashamed. Who buys dirt?? I've gotten over the shame of it, but wonder if I should have.

Have a super time on the vacation!

My adventures said...

If you posted it already, I missed it and am too lazy to go back and find it, but tell us about your trip and what you're doing or put a link the next time you mention it. Is it a cruise? I want to know everything, I love traveling! Even if it's just reading about it.

Cooper said...

I've spent the last 20 minutes having coffee with your week of posts that I missed.

My Dario saw the words "Yard Sale" when we were out on a walk last evening. This combination of words was new for him and he turned to me puzzled. and said, "Those people are selling their yard! Don't they want their lawn anymore?" Kids are so literal. Made me chuckle all the way home.