Saturday, December 17, 2005

Chatty Saturday

Good Saturday morning to you. As is my habit, a little casual update on the week. This cold week. It was hideously cold all week with temps below 0 degrees F. I took this shot on my way to work Wednesday morning when it was -4F. This is much colder than normal for this time of year and with my sickly disposition, it sucked. The sunrise was pretty anyway.

I've been fighting some bug all week which helped me lower my inhibition enough to post an HNT shot on Thursday which ended up generating the most traffic and comments ever for the blog. I guess sex really does sell.
Here I am in the same location as the sunrise pic . We had a huge snowstorm yesterday which brought the city to a virtual standstill. I don't think I've seen such a big dump in such a short time (during one hour yesterday morning, 7 inches fell, we ended up with 16 inches total) and the snow removal teams just couldn't keep up.

It is at these times that I am happy to be carless. Everyone was out cursing as they tried to unbury their vehicles. So many cars were stuck in snowbanks, it was comical. As for me, I just trudged through the snow all the way to work. Even the buses couldn't keep their schedules. It was really quite beautiful.This should keep us refrigerated for a while now and ensure a white Christmas around here.

A week from now, we'll be on a plane heading to Puerto Vallarta and leaving the cold behind. There are too many things to get done before then and I'm sure I'll be whining about it later this week. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

4 comments:

_Psycho said...

Hey this look like my car ! :)

The snow still a pain today, it's going to be bad for the parking and everything for the next 2-3 days.

Hey a small week then vacation ! I hope you will enjoy them as much as I will ! (Im sure actually you will)

Adam said...

That is some extreme snow. Looks like fun!

Snooze said...

I love those photos. They truly capture the wonder of winter.

Patricia said...

yeah what's up with the colder-than-usual stuff, anyway? i'm trying to tell myself that it means we'll get an early spring.

'cause i like to lie to myself like that.

hope you're feeling better.