Friday, December 30, 2005

Encore le paradis

Hey, it looks like they fixed this bloody keyboard somewhat. A whole sentence and no problems. I don't think I'll be trying any punctuation other than periods though.

We seem to have settled into a routine here. Get up leisurely and chit chat with the other guests at the hotel over the free breakfast. Then we go out for a long walk along the boardwalk, watching the waves and the people. Maybe buy a trinket or article of clothing. Eat tacos standing up. (I always look for where the Mexicans are eating, and then we go there) Make our way down to the beach where we hob nob with those we met on the drunken night before. Add beer. Add more beer. Go back to hotel and have a siesta. Get up in time for the sunset and go down to admire it. Then we make our way over to one of the martini bars for pre dinner libations. Once suitably oiled, we find a place to eat. We eat well. Then we go bar hopping until we can't go on - usually about 1ish in the morning.

I love this routine, though my liver is perhaps not with me on this.


We've met lots of fun people along the way and are having a ball. We've got 5 more days here before we head up to Los Angeles to visit family and friends. I hope everyone is well and I'll catch up on your blogs when I get back I promise.

Now, I've got some things to do (see above) Ciao!

5 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

Sounds great. Have a drink for me!

jjd said...

hm.. the keyboard miraculously fixed? I'm with T now, you were just wicked drunk in that last post! ;-)

Sounds like the best kind of vacation, wish I was there!

r said...

Jealousy.

Bitter envy.

And you still have five more days.
Wow.

Patricia said...

i love how thirsty paradise can make you. enjoy your last few days!!

nikki said...

The keyboard difficulty elicited a laugh. I live summers in Baja, where our household will never see a modem. My preferred netcafe, affectionately known as The Filthynet, sports no less than 57 varieties of grime on any given terminal. My first experience with the keyboard there several summers back rendered me nearly suicidal. Fluent Spanish proved useless in this navigation.

What a fabulous daily regimen (in staggered, yearly doses). I approve!