Monday, December 19, 2005

Quickly 'came lame

'Tis the week before Christmas
And all through the town
The people are stressing
And dressing a frown.

The work parties done
The credit card maxxed
It'll be six more days
'Til all is relaxed.

(And those who have waited
To purchase their gifts
Will find choked parking lots
And nothing that fits.)

The time keeps on ticking
And if you're not done
Accept my condolences
You'll be having no fun.

So in an effort
To spare you such pain
Take my advice
It's quite simple and plain.

Sit at the computer
Credit card in hand
Buy from a company
With a well known brand,

Once you have finished
Have a stiff drink
Pat yourself on the back
And give yourself a wink.

Then spend 5 days
Marveling at the lights
Smiling at your brethren
And taking in the sights.

This is how I wish you
A beautiful week
Full of little moments
To brighten your cheeks.

(What started out cute
Quickly 'came lame
And now I must go
Riddled with shame)

8 comments:

Snooze said...

That's fantastic! *applauding wildly* Love the advice as well.

jjd said...

lame my ass, that was brilliant! and so true.

St. Dickeybird said...

That's great!
Thanks.

r said...

You so funny.

I'm still trying to mail stuff.

Cards? I have them somewhere... perhaps I should write in them and send them to people?

You are going to have a great vacation (except too bad you won't get to visit with little ol' me).

Anonymous said...

Yay! That was good, Tornwordo.

_Psycho said...

I'm so not a poem guy, it's scary ;)

Patricia said...

i'm done shopping. do i still get the stiff drink and the wink?

epicurist said...

That was so good, I am forwarding it to friends!