Sunday, December 04, 2005

Spot the lie

Here is an activity we sometimes do in class. I didn't even think about it as potential blog filler until I saw Patricia do it. Review the following four statements, and determine which one of them is untrue. (In class, we ask lots of questions to see if we can spot the lie, you'll just have to guess.) I usually choose a theme too. This one is "Doctors and Hospital visits"

1. I once fell off a roof and had amnesia for a day.

2. During an earthquake, I woke up and cut my foot on the water glass that had fallen off the bedside table and broken. (This is something they warn you about too.)

3. I once swallowed an Othello piece and the doctor's advice was to examine my stools to be sure it came out. It did, two days later.

4. I've had one part of my body removed - my tonsils.

Obviously some of you long time friends have an advantage. I'll post the answer in the comments in a couple days.

7 comments:

r said...

Yep, that was my guess too. #2.

Actually, I only know for sure about one of the truths. You know which one.

_Psycho said...

I pick up #1 too.

Adam said...

I say #1 is a lie as well. It seems to be a contradiction. How can you remember that you had amnesia?

St. Dickeybird said...

#3?
I don't know why, I just don't want to believe you examined your own stool.

dantallion said...

Number one

Patricia said...

woo hoo, a fellow fibber! uhmmm let's see... i'm gonna guess that all you've had removed is your tonsils. because there can't be that long a list of stuff to remove, can there???

epicurist said...

i'd go for #1 as well.